Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Samantha was right!

Well, for those of you who have been patiently waiting for our next baby news, here it is...

We're having a GIRL! Yay!

I've been waiting to post the news so I could scan the cute little pics we have of her. But... that's taken way too long now. So, I'm just sharing without pictures, and will maybe add them later (or snag some off the internet because don't they all look a lot alike from the inside-out angle? ha!)

Anyway, we had our 20-week scan last week, and Brian relented and said we could go ahead and find out what kind of baby we were having. (He's very into the "surprise" thing -- for those who don't remember, Samantha was a surprise, at Brian's insistence. I told him we can have another surprise with the NEXT baby. one at a time, please.) We took Samantha with us, because I thought she'd be interested since she asked me almost every day whether it's a boy or girl. She was really cute about it, although, after the first 2 mins, I think she might have been more interested in the Cinderella book she found under her chair.

When the first shot of the baby's profile came up on the screen, Sam said, "Oh! I KNEW it was a girl!!" We smiled and told her it's pretty hard to tell whether it's a boy or girl, just by looking at it's face. She studied the image some more and said, "No. I'm sure it's a girl. Her face does not look at ALL like a boy." We had to laugh. And we laughed even more when Brian said to her, "Well, I guess it's not a puppy after all." And she replied, "That's silly Daddy!! Are you teasing? Because puppies only come from mama dogs, not from people mamas." (She's so smart, no?!)

Later, when we actually saw the "girl parts," Samantha got a better clue of how this all works. She told us, "well, that is for SURE is a girl, because there aren't any of those BOY parts like Spencer has!" Looks like she was right, smarty pants. Maybe she has a future as an ultrasound technician. Just think -- if she can actually tell just from the profile shot... I see big money here, folks! ha!

We also brought Spence, just because I was lazy about getting a sitter. Yeah... he didn't care one bit. But he was hoppin' mad when I accidentally bumped his ear into the doctor's counter while giving him a "horsey ride" on my knee. Oops. It actually put a slice right through the top of his ear, poor thing. I think he'll opt to stay home from future ultrasound/dr visits!

Well, we're really excited to welcome number three, and especially excited to give Sammie and Spencer a sister! Let the name discussions begin. Samantha prefers Abigail, Gabriella, or Candice. And she says "I'm not really crazy with Emma (one of her dad's top picks)" -- meaning, she doesn't like it; she's heard Brian say "I'm not crazy about [insert favorite name of mine]" so many times, I guess she figures that's the polite way to say NO, THANKS!

I have more updates to write (more Hawaii, Sam's ballet recital, etc.) Will have to promise to be back sooner, I guess!! Bye for now.

12 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Yay for girls! (No offense Spencer! We love you too!) How exciting. You and my baby sister Molly are due I think within a week of each other. How fun. And I just adore that Samantha. She says the most adorable things. Anyhow, congrats, and we are so excited to meet the new addition when she gets here!

Janell said...

Yea for a baby girl! They are so fun. I think it's fun to find out before the delivery. It's nice to be prepared.

Lisa Michelle said...

Congrats on the pink news!! So fun! We're joining you, too - another girl for us! I haven't posted it yet b/c Bryce wants to tell his family when we see them next week (so hopefully they don't see this, right?! ha!). The winning combination is definitely girl-boy-girl, wouldn't you say?? ;)

Phelps Family said...

Congratulations you guys!!!
I agree with the whole finding out beforehand thing. I can't take the suspense!

Karen said...

I'm glad you Posted this, Kam--so now I won't feel so bad about "spilling the news" to people! We're excited that you got to find out in advance, so now we'll all get on the band-wagon and submit name suggestions! To begin with, I like Hailey or Holly. Or if you want to stay with the "S's", I think Sari's nice....or Savannah. Love, Mom

Marci said...

Congrats Kamber! How fun! You and Leese will be twinner families. Hope everything is going well...

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you--I need to call you, it's easier than typing one handed, half asleep:)

Travis and Heather said...

Yea for a girl! How exciting to know. I will throw a girl name out there that you can have. If Jax would have been a girl we were going to name her Sabree (Sabrey, Sabrie, Saebree, whatever spelling ya want). We did sealings for the phelps side one time and that name kept coming up. I thought it was so pretty, but then we had a boy and couldn't use it. it's all yours if ya want it :) HA.I won't be offended it ya don"t :)

Randi said...

I love you, Kamboni! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!

Mel said...

Yeah for little girls. Bring on the bows and poofy skirts! I'm sure Sammie will be such a great big sister, and will share her fountains of knowledge with her little sister. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

A GIRL!! Man those little things are so stinkin' cute don't you think? As for her name, she should surely be named Jenalyn (especially if she is another red-head) or maybe just Jenna. What do you think?? Ask Sammi and see if she will give HER approval. Can't wait to meet her regardless of her name. Have fun getting ready for your little princess you lucky ducks!! Love ya, Jenalyn

Tiffney said...

Yahoo!! A Girl! I'm excited for you guys. Sam is a little smarty pants!! Such a dollie!! I really need to come by Boise and say hello. Hopefully I'll get there before the 4th baby arrives. hehee... Sure love ya! Keep your chin up! Down days happen to all of us, but I think you have the right idea.. remember the up-days and strive for those.