Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Things I like today

So, it's been a good day, if not the most productive. I keep wanting to write and catch up, but all those reunion pictures from the summer will have to wait.

For now, just a short list of things that have made me happy today...

-- Gorgeous fall sunshine. It's been warm here, but not terribly hot. I love the crisp mornings and nice afternoons.

-- Garden-grown tomatoes and squash. Brian's mom brought us a big bag full of delicious tomatoes, peppers, squash and other produce -- enough to make a large batch of fresh salsa (maybe tomorrow?) Nothing beats those home-grown tomatoes. mmmmm...

-- Piggy buns. This is a hair-do for Samantha, which she rarely asks for anymore. But this morning she asked for piggy buns (like piggy tails, but folded up into a loose bun, wish I had a picture). I love how cute she looked, going out the door to school. Makes her look a year younger.

-- The Eagles. Brian gave me a "new" Eagles CD last year for my birthday. It's one that got put aside for a long time, then I just pulled it out a few days ago and felt like I had a whole new musical experience with the Eagles once again. I LOVE their harmonies, sooo well blended.

-- No wars at bedtime. Spencer's been throwing fits for us to "leave the door open" for the past few weeks. When we DO leave it open, he stays awake until we go to sleep at 11 or so, without fail. So, we've started closing it again. And he howls. Forever. But tonight, we closed it and left a brighter night-light in there for him. No crying fit. (But he was still awake after 10. sigh.)

-- Maverick's hot chocolate. I tried it today for the first time, and it was really tasty. But the last 1/4 cup was waaay too sweet to even finish. Still, not bad, for a service station.

-- A clean kitchen, for the moment. I spent a long time yesterday cleaning our pantry, sweeping, organizing, and wiping all the counters thoroughly with antibacterial cleaner. For several hours, it stayed quite clean and just felt sooo nice... then we had to eat again. Oh well. :)

-- Contractions. Just a few each day, and very sporadic. But they're there, and they feel real, and they remind me that things are winding down! One way or another, two weeks from today we will have a baby girl. yay!

Bye for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis -- I went over to the Phelps/Allen playground today. I could feel you there for some odd reason.....I imagined you everywhere I looked. So when I sat down on the grass to nurse my 18 pounder, I tried to call you and the number I have is wrong....please give me your new numbers on FB and I will call you because I MISS you DEARLY

Alicia said...

TWO WEEKS! Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Wow. She's really coming isn't she. I was kind of hoping I would get to see you so big and pregnant. Should we come visit while Scott is gone. I'm ever so lonely. I'll just call instead.

I feel the same way about the kitchen. Can anything stay clean for longer than a few minutes. I loved getting this whole house so clean last week and now it's all over.

We planted a garden but while everyone else has so many tomatoes, etc. our has produced not much. Not very many tomatoes and they are still green. Not sure what we did wrong. Maybe the bat poo.

Mel said...

Only two weeks! Yeah!!!! And so glad Spencer is going to bed for you, even if it's not to sleep yet. I hate that battle, but it sounds like you are winning.

Karen said...

Good to hear from you this way, my Kamber girl! And I'm glad to see that you are looking for the "bright side" of your days! Sometimes when you're to this stage of a pregnancy, it's hard to see any "bright spots" in ANYTHING! But you're doing GREAT! I know you made your Salsa yesterday, so be sure and save some for ME for when I come when the baby comes. Lots of Love to You, from Mom