Wednesday, November 03, 2010

My trick-or-treaters...

I want it to be noted that I am posting about our Halloween the VERY week it happened. This is real blog progress, people. I mean, we're very lucky not to be seeing this post go up after New Years, right?

Unfortunately, there's not too much to show and tell. I didn't take many pictures at all, and we didn't do very much for Halloween. But it was fun. Here are my little trick-or-treaters...


Samantha was a cheerleader. I started to make the letters in orange, and was going to put BSU, but Brian and Sammie both wanted it to say BYU (underneath, it really said Seattle Seahawks, sorry, Randi, if you care.) Turns out, I shoulda put BSU. Everyone at our church's trunk-or-treat thing turned their nose up at BYU, can you believe?!? Oh well. Football snobs. For their information, BYU offers a FAR superior education.

Spencer was a bumble bee. We didn't really tell him about his costume until it was time to put it on. I was afraid he wouldn't want to wear it or something. I worried in vain. As soon as I mentioned "candy" he was all over the idea of putting on this funky suit. He actually called it his "candy suit" all night.

Here are some of the cousins, at grandma and grandpa's house. The three girlies were all dressed as cheerleaders, so they got their pictures taken together. So cute. Unfortunately, Samantha banged her knee on the table just minutes before the picture shoot. So she bawled all the way through them (played it up for the audience, I think). But she still looked cute...


And back at home with their loot, here's our little group. Natalie was in a little pink catsuit, and was oblivious. I never got a good picture of her, other than on Sam's lap. Maybe I'll put her back in it and at least get it up here for posterity's sake, huh? I mean, the kid will probably want to know what she was for her first Halloween. (And no, we didn't carry around a candy bucket for her, though I was sure tempted!)


One more, with Spencer begging to be done so he could dig into his "gween punkin" for more goodies...



Happy Halloween, everybody! If my kids' candy doesn't keep me sugared up, I might have to make more pumpkin bread. yum!

5 comments:

Lhone said...

cute costumes. Spencer's bee costume, looks exactly like J's. Totally cute!!

Karen said...

CUTE KIDS!! Isn't that something how all three little girl cousins chose to be cheerleaders?? I thought it was pretty cool that Spencer and BJ were BOTH bees this year--even miles apart as they are. And yes, I think you likely OUGHT to take a nice full length shot of that sweet little Natalie in her kitty suit, cause she'll certainly feel 'deprived' as she gets older if that's omitted. (??) Love, Grandma Hone

Mel said...

Super cute. I love that Spencer called it his candy suit.

Alicia said...

They sure do look cute. Spencer is so funny. As long as the suit gets him candy, he'll wear it. Smart boy. I'm glad Sammy chose to be a BYU cheerleader. I'll have to show Brielle, must you should know that could change how Brie feels about her. I'm sorry. It is pretty cool that BSU is having such a great season. Maybe she can do that next year.

Serenity said...

SOO Adorable!! The candy suit thing just keeps making me chuckle. That is so funny and cute! And I would have to concur with the football snob comment. :)