See, what happens is I tell myself I HAVE to put up all the pictures and tell about our awesome vacation before I write another word about anything. And then... welp. There I am again.
But while I continue to put off some major blogging, I thought I might as well jot down some fun conversations with the kids we've had lately...
-- We went shopping in Connecticut last week (about 20 mins drive from home). When we were coming back, Samantha noticed the big "Welcome to New York" sign on the freeway.
Sam, very surprised: "What? Welcome to New York!??! Mom!? Did we leave the country?!"
Me: No, Sammie. We were just in Connecticut.... but it is another state.
Sam: Oh. Connecticut. (pause for thinking) Well, that explains why everyone in the store was speaking Spanish!!
???
-- Samantha, while my parents were visiting, felt it her duty to tattle-tell on Spencer: Mom, Spencer said he has a servant.... and it's Grandma!
-- At Applebees, after a very big meal, Spencer lifted up his shirt and examined his stomach studiously, then said: hmm.... My tummy is spilling over!
(I think I know the feeling, buddy!)
-- Brian, trying to teach Samantha about manners, since she kept interrupting everyone: Sammie, it's really not polite to interrupt people in the middle of a conversation.
Sam: Oh. Okay. [thoughtful pause] Dad. I don't even know what a conversation IS!
All for now... wish I kept better track of some of the other things they've said lately. They make me laugh all day long!
5 comments:
Love it! Cute cute kids!
Super cute! And dont' worry about all the missed big vacation posts. You'll remember those becasue you have the pictures. it's these little things that are easy to forget.
Melissa is right! Glad you recorded these funny, funny conversations! I love posts like this. They always make me laugh. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Love hearing what kids say! They could write sitcoms funnier than anything on TV!
So funny. My favorite is Samantha's take on why everyone spoke spanish. Hilarious!
Post a Comment