Yep, that's us, after seven wonderful years of marriage. Yay!! Brian and I celebrated our anniversary today. Seven, my favorite number. And Brian, my favorite person. I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend.
I was looking for a picture from our wedding, but I think those disks are in Idaho. So, here are a few from our honeymoon. Oh wait, I guess this first one is our one month anniversary -- cake and martinellis at my parents' house. (The only cake we got, besides the obligatory "bite" we fed each other at our reception.)
Some ruins in Mexico... (hey, I'm liking these pictures! We're so young and skinny!! and look at all of Brian's hair! wow!)

Ah, those were the days. I'm sure you're all wishing I'd just blog about our honeymoon trip, right? But no. Instead, I have to tell about our fun anniversary. This year we decided to make it a celebration of the anniversary of our whole family. So, we invited the kids along, and went to Playland amusement park for the day!
'
Good times!! Here we are on the big Ferris wheel. (I have to include this pic, because it was one of the only rides Natalie could ride)...

And here they are with Daddy, on the Jumping Bean (which I think was their favorite, judging by their giggles and smiles the whole ride)...

I personally liked the spinning balloons...
And Natalie also loved the train, since she got to be out of the stroller again for a few mins...
It was a really fun way to spend our day! And in the evening, a friend volunteered to watch our kids so we could continue to celebrate. So... Brian and I went to a swanky little restaurant and had a delicious dinner (grilled swordfish, caesar salad, and blueberry pie, soooo scrumptious!). Then we went BACK to Playland to ride the big kid rides!
Of course, we didn't take quite so many pictures, but here's me on the Derby races carousel (it's been at the park since it first opened in 1929)...
It was awesome! Not your everyday carousel, I'm telling you! The horses go sooo fast, it really feels like you're galloping along. And, it's so loud... really sounds like you're in a race. We were especially excited because we just watched Secretariat the night before. ha! Go Red!!
And Brian never talked me into riding the Double Shot, but who would have got his manly picture before he started screaming like a girl? heheheh. (Kidding, Brian.)

So, we celebrated on Saturday, then our real anniversary was today -- Sunday. We went to church, took long naps, had delicious (or mediocre, since the chicken was dry and crispy) dinner, followed by a drive to a college campus nearby and a family walk around the grounds...

Did you notice Spencer's full-on winter coat, all zipped up? In case you missed it...
We told him it was pretty hot out there, but he was not to be dissuaded, since he had put a little hotwheels car in that upper zipper pocket, and HAD to bring the coat along, for the car. And Sammie's old flipflops are his new favorites, unfortunately. :)
One more of the coat, just because I think he looks so cute...
And at the college campus again, Sammie and Brian, playing "chase" or "race" or something...
And, it's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. Sadly, the day ended with Samantha getting stung by a hornet. It was pretty traumatic and terrible, poor thing. Am I a bad mom for taking a picture?
We were a long way from the car, so Daddy carried her part of the way, then we waited for him to bring the car around. Luckily she was saved by a insect-sting-relief pad in our first aid kit in the car (thank-you to Cindy!)
And, that's the end. A lovely anniversary, and a wonderful time as a family! yay!!
4 comments:
You are so good at taking pictures Kamber! I felt like I was there through it all. Sounds like you all had a fun day together! Happy 7 years and may you have 50 more! :)
Congrats! What a fun way to spend the weekend!
Happy 7th Anniversary to two of my Favorite People!! In talking to your cousin Jessica on Sunday, she said, "My, they've already been married seven years? I can't believe it!"
I Love this post, Kam. Your family picture taken ON your anniversary on your back deck, is just beautiful, and so are those honeymoon pictures!
And what a wonderful way to include your little family with your anniversary celebration! You didn't happen to mention that the Play Park you guys all went to, (which is like Lagoon!), is just a few minutes from your home....and isn't that a gorgeous VIEW from on top of the Ferris Wheel??? I love how close you live to the ocean and beach! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Love, Mom p.s I'm sure sorry about Sammie's unhappy encounter with the hornet!! What a Memory-Maker!!
Happy Anniversary, Kamber & Brian! So fun to see pics from the good ole days... :) We are headed back to B-town for a visit and I'm been reminiscing about those days... such good times! Anyyay, Travis has the same suit Spencer is wearing in that pic - LOVE the coral tie!!! Such cute kids - you guys have done good work these last 7 years. Way to go! ;)
Post a Comment