I'm working on a quilt. My third one ever. And quite possibly my last. I'll have to put up some pictures of it, once it's finished. Did you know quilting is A LOT of work?! This is just a twin, for my niece, and it's been a fun challenge, since I'm not really a quilter or seamstress (I started to write sewer, and realized what that spelled. ha!)
That's all I'm going to write about quilting, because I know for the non-quilter any more than that could get boring. But it's what been filling my time of late, in case you were wondering.
I've also been worrying about my mom. Her back has been hurting her so badly. The whole time I have been here, she's been laid up in bed, on pain killers -- or off to visit doctors to see what to do about it. I feel so sad, and wish I could do something to help.
I've also been very excited to see Brian again. He stayed in NY and I brought the kids to Idaho to be with family. He's been VERY busy, and he's finally joining us here tomorrow, for a week and a half. I have plans of putting him straight to bed for several days, after all his many late nights, poor thing. Think he'll let me? ha! It will be very nice to be with him, and have him here with us. We have a fun Bishop reunion planned, and a trip to Redfish Lake. And a birthday party for me, with my family. Good times ahead...
And the kids. Well, they're little darlings and I love them. I have a hard time being the single mom, but I think I've managed a little better than I expected on this trip. (I say this when they're all fast asleep in their beds, of course.)
Spencer is LOVING being here! He told his cousin yesterday, "My dad lives in New York. But I live in Caldwell." Oh boy. Sounds like a "split family," right?! We may have some "adjusting" to do when this vacation is over.
Samantha is so occupied playing with all her cousins that I hardly see her. She totally loves an adventure, as usual. So, she's making the most of her time here.
And Natalie is on the move, finally. She's really caught onto crawling, and loves exploring around. She is a regular little vacuum and picks up anything off the floor and shoves it in her mouth, like a good nine-month-old. Her all-time favorite snack is paper. She attacked grandma and grandpa's Yellow-pages yesterday, was working her way through the "B" section when I caught her. She's also found her voice, and is quite assertive! -- Reminds me more of Sammie everyday. I hope that's a good thing?? ;)
As for me, I'm tired. I keep staying up too late -- tonight is no exception. But I have plans of changing my ways... after this vacation, probably. :) I also have plans of running again. I was hoping to keep it up while I was here, but I've been lazy. I did that 5k on the Fourth, and the altitude almost killed me. So, I've mainly just taken some brisk walks since then. Maybe once I'm back to the sweltering humidity of 6 a.m. mornings in NY I'll get my enthusiasm back?? (Sounds inviting, doesn't it?)
You can probably tell my brain shut off quite awhile ago? I guess I'll try sleeping now. Someone doorbell-ditched us a few nights ago at 1 a.m. and I've been "jumpy" since then. bleh. I just have to wait until I'm SUPER sleepy, then I can zonk out without thinking too much, ya know? Only one more night, then Brian can fight my boogy-mans.
G'night!
3 comments:
You really do need to post pics of the quilt because it is gorgeous! It's been good to see you for a little while and we're excited to see you guys one more time before you head back. Especially Ya-Ya, she really wants to come see you in Caldwell. She keeps asking to go to Sammie's house. I told her it will probably be a while.
Karen Said: (this is really wade, Mom will type more.)
Hey Babe--Good to hear from you this way. (I haven't talked much with you on the phone cause you've been so busy with that time-consuming QUILT!) I'm glad you found the time to write.
We're looking forward to seeing all of you Wednesday for a fun Birthday Party for YOU--and we'll likely make it into a 'hot-dog roast' out by our fire-pit, with a huge Fire Works Display afterwards--(compliments of Dennis's 'spending spree' at the Fort Hall Fireworks stand where he got tons of fun stuff at Half Price!) So everybody's really looking forward to getting together for all THAT!
We'll have plenty of cousins for Spencer and Samantha to play with, and plenty of paper around for Natalie to eat...(??) So, we really look forward to your arrival.
Plus, when you get here, you'll likely be able to see that new little nephew of yours--who we're thinking will arrive on Monday the 18th. So--hurry and COME--ALL 5 of you!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment