My friend, Lindsay, just sent me this darling picture of Natalie. So, I thought it was a perfect time to share it and say a little word about teething. Oh boy! the JOY of teething! Dontcha kinda wish they could all come in at once, or at least kind of close to each other?!
Nope. Not Natalie's teeth.
We kept thinking she was teething when she'd get whiny and have a runny nose -- from about 8 months on. And... nothing.
For a looooong time.
Then, she eventually popped out that first one on the bottom at almost 14 months. And then one more on the bottom. Now we've been waiting, waiting again... FINALLY, two more on the top last month. Guess which two?
Her one-year-old molars. Right on schedule. So this kid has two tiny bottom cutters, and two molars on top. Can you picture it? Is it as strange to you as it is to me??
Last week she finally cut a third molar, this time on the bottom. So now she actually has a pair that match up. Molars. So weird.
Now she's cutting her eye teeth -- the pointy ones on the sides, ya know? ... and nothing on top, front and center. Nice.
Apparently I teethed late as well, in a really strange pattern. Guess it runs in the genes. I'm just curious, has anyone else ever heard of anything so random, or is it just me and my baby?? :)

6 comments:
All my kids have cut teeth late but never in that order. It's always bottoms in first then the tops.
At least she can chew in back huh?!
Hi Kam!
She is such a cutie! I just love those two cute little bottom teeth! I was just talking to Chris and Diana about this same thing. Clara is almost a year old . . . and has no teeth. My dentist once told me that kids who cut their teeth late, had much better teeth than those who cut them early. So, Natalie will, of course, have a beautiful smile, just like her mom!
Hugs,
Barb
I am glad you had a nice time at home. Also nice to know that Brian's hours have been a bit better. So does he now have time to focus on what's next? Will it be NY, Idaho or somewhere else? I would love to catch up. I love reading about what you have been up to.
J-Man was my only one to teeth in a "normal" pattern. Ya-ya got a couple of her side teeth, right next to the center ones, before the center ones. I guess as long as they get them, it doesn't matter how, right?
Nope, you're a freak! hahaha. just kidding. But, no, my kids were totally the opposite. Early, Fast, and in the right order. It's not fun, trust me.
She's a little DOLL--No matter HOW her teeth come in!! (this Grandma SAYS SO!!) :) I think we've got a picture of You, Kam, with funny little teeth looking a lot like what Natalie's are doing. You did not get your first tooth till you were 14 months old, so according to Barbara's dentist--you oughta have nice good BETTER teeth!! So maybe Natalie will, TOO! Love, Mom
Post a Comment