Monday, June 11, 2012

Blogging break -- or not


So, I thought I'd take a blogging break for awhile. But well... I can't give it up. Thank you for those of you who reached out to me in my "proposed break" period. I really appreciate your support. And I've realized I need and love my virtual community.

Truth is, I've been feeling like I spend too much time online lately... reading blogs, surfing fb, pretending to shop online but eventually emptying my cart because I don't want to become a "member", etc. And my house is trashed and my children love Netflix even more than I do. So, that was part of the reason I was going to take a bit of an internet break. In addition, I confess, I've been feeling a bit "low" lately. Turns out last week was one of Brian's WORST workweeks ever. (As in, he told me yesterday morning that he had billed more hours in the past week than almost any other week he's worked at the firm. ever.... and you know there have been some other rough weeks out there, right??)

Well, so, no wonder I'm feeling lonely and neglected and tired. Makes sense, eh? But instead of closing in and trying to sort all this frustration on my own, I will blog about it. Lucky you. :) And you will comment about it. Again, lucky you. :) :) It will be fun! I'll give you some tips... "Poor Kam! That sounds rough!" or "Wow! you're such a trooper and you handle it all so well." or... well, you get the idea? (and the smiles mean I'm kidding. sort of.)

Yes, I'm going to write, because truthfully, writing is something I really enjoy. And I need some things that I really enjoy right now. And I will try to be positive and ACT like enjoy it, kay? I actually do have lots of things I would like to blog about, surprised? I even considered taking the one-post-a-day-for-a-month pledge that some of my other friends have done. I've really liked reading their posts --- but I'm not quite that committed.

Instead, here's a list of things I want to write about, coming up soon...
-- Back-blog: Niagara Falls and Palmyra (can you believe I have last-fall pics of amazing places that I never put up?? I'm sure you're dying to see them.)
-- The emotional younger me, like mother like daughters.
-- Back-blog: our trip to Worcester, in March
-- Things I like in a 15-mile radius
--  Lovely weekend adventures
-- Temper tantrums, and what NOT to do
-- My Grandma -- almost 90 years of memories
-- Parks we love and why
-- What I think about parenting
-- Music and me

Sounds thrilling, doesn't it. Well, I'm giving it another go. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Erin said...

It DOES sound thrilling! I'm really excited about several of those upcoming posts!

You really are great. And I do really admire you. (no smiley face needed!)

Dalana and Mark said...

Yay! I'm so happy you're back! I'm also sorry that you are so lonely. It makes me sad to think about. Know that you guys are always in our thoughts. I'm looking forward to many of those upcoming posts. Hang in there, Kamber! I know you can do it! I love you!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Kamber, I always look forward to your posts. I love how you share your thoughts and feelings so openly. It makes me strive to be the same way because if I'm appreciating your honesty, then someone out there might appreciate my honesty on my blog. Just know, the lonely bug is going around. We're still there too. It's got to get better sometime! Can't wait to read all your future posts!!

Mel said...

Can't wait! Sorry about Brian's work schedule. I really don't know how you do it. And if it makes you feel better we all have those, let the tv do the entertaining/babysitting/whatever you need at the moments. And more often than not, it isn't a short "moment" It seems like every Fall when the weather gets colder, and Christmas when I have a lot to do, and Spring when school gets out are always the worst for us. But don't worry, as long as you aren't letting them watch Scream or other similar movies, I'm sure they will survive. :)

Mel said...

Oh, and we can't wait to see you! I haven't told the kids you are coming yet because I'm not ready for them to start asking daily how many more days. So for now I will keep my excitement to myself YEAH!!!

Randi said...

Glad to have you back! I'm gonna call very soon...I promise! Hang in there, Kamboni. I love you!

Karen, Kam's mom said...

Hi Kamber. I just read this post tonight, and I'm glad you didn't stay gone for LONG!! :) Your writing is one of the things that keeps you 'sane'--I Know! (just like playing the Piano does for you!!!) :) I look forward to your up-coming Posts--especially the "what I like in a 15 mile radius" post. I know you have LOTS of interesting things right around you, and I'm eager to come back to Harrison to visit you again!! There are things you have discovered since we were there last year, and I'm really wanting to go with you to SEE all those places!

It'll also be fun to see in print your "week-end adventures" and those other things, too. I'm delighted that you have such an "up" attitude, my dear--and I sure do feel bad that poor Brian has that terrible work schedule!! I like it when he can relax and enjoy things along WITH you!!~ Keep staying happy! Love, Mom