Friday, June 29, 2012

School's out, finally!

Samantha has been out of school for one whole week, as of today. WELCOME, SUMMER VACATION!!!

FINALLY!!

Here she is, with her two wonderful teachers, Mrs. Winter and Mrs. Cummings (and Mrs. Cummings' daughter, Emma, too)...


Seriously, I was soooo ready for us to start our summer break, and we have certainly enjoyed this first week of summer. But really, for someone who HAD to go to school all the way until the end of June, Samantha was a very happy girl. She loved kindergarten and really seemed to enjoy this school year. She made some good friends, and thrived in the school environment (as we all thought she would). 


The last day, she only went for 50 minutes -- just long enough to get a report card and say goodbye to all her friends. When I went to pick her up, I surprised myself by getting all teary and weepy as she ran out the school door, all excited to be done. I looked at my little six-year-old girl and wondered again where the time went and how she got to be so grown up so fast. I'm afraid to blink, or I might turn around and have a teen-ager, eh?


But for now, we're ready to BRING ON THE SUMMERTIME FUN!!! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I got all teary when I deleted the alarm on my phone I set for pick-up time! I was sad that I would never again go to pick up my little preschooler from Webster Avenue Nursery School! :)