Samantha was in a little production of "Alice in Wonderland" last week. It was so cute and so much fun! She had a blast. Her special role was the Queen of Hearts...
Isn't she the cutest Queen of Hearts you've ever seen? I heard her telling her friend, Leah, "I get to be a little bit nasty, because queens are just sort of nasty." I laughed and reminded her that not ALL queens are nasty. She replied, "yeah, but Mom, THIS Queen IS!!" ... she had a point.
She loved practicing "OFF WITH HER HEAD!!" over and over again. And she loved her costume, and she loved the little theater camp she was part of for the play. A couple of young women in our ward got this idea to set up a theater camp for several of the children in our area. They did a great job, and I think they were pretty pleased with the results. Samantha sure was!
Here she is, coming out to the garden to find they were "painting the roses red." She had an extra long train on her dress, and when she snapped her finger, one of her guards removed it. She thought that was extra snazzy! Here's her train coming off...
Here she is "holding court" with the king. She kind of forgot her lines at this part, but she eventually got them all in order...
Here they are, playing croquet...
She loved it all, and cried when it was over... It was just that much fun! :)
1 comment:
What a Cutie that little "Queen of Hearts" is!! When she becomes a "Famous Actress from Idaho" in the years ahead, she can say, "Yes, I had my first acting school in New York when I was only SIX!"
I'm delighted that they provided such a wonderful opportunity for her! And she sure does look like a CUTE Queen--what a darling costume! Love, her Grandma!
Post a Comment