Blah bleah bleh blaha whatever.
It's been one of those days. Or maybe a few days in a row. I think it actually started when I couldn't find the onions I bought last week. I looked, and looked and looked... a WHOLE 5 lbs SACK of onions. Disappeared!! Bleh. A girl who cooks every night NEEDS onions. Right? It's just a fact.
So, I went to the store and bought another bag of onions. Had it home and put away in the fridge for a whole 15 minutes when I FOUND the other bag I bought. No joke. It's kind of been like that around here in some ways lately. Blah.
Another one... I read a friend's blog about how their little girl keeps waking up in the night and it's getting really frustrating. Oh yeah, I remember those good ol days, I thought, as I wrote a comment on their blog. Good thing we've passed THAT phase, eh?
I kid you not: That. very. night. Spencer woke up with a bad dream. And he woke up Natalie. And Samantha. And me, of course. Repeatedly, about three times in the night. And then... he has CONTINUED to wake up every. single. night since I wrote that post. And Natalie, too. Multiple times. Inconsolable. (He's scared of owls, again.) And yes, I'm losin' it. Bleh.
And Samantha is sick. Poor Samantha, who never gets sick. She has a fever and a really rough throat and is lethargic and quiet and so unlike her normal self and so sad to have to stay home from school and do nothing. (She read for about three hours yesterday... "Power Tales" or mini-biographies about famous people.) Bleah.
And Brian has worked until 3 or 4 a.m. almost every night since all of this "bleah"-ness started. Poor poor man. Bleahbblah
And then, the presidential race was soooo close, and I really had no idea I was so invested, because it really did end the way I told myself it was going to end from the beginning. But there I was listening to the wrap-up, and I got so disappointed and surprised myself by yelling at the television (which I really don't think I've ever done before... I'm not a man and I don't watch much football anymore, ya know?) And then I felt really silly for yelling at the tv, but those gloating know-it-all reporters just sounded a little too in-my-face about things, and I couldn't even bring myself to watch the acceptance speech. And now I feel even more silly for having to watch it on youtube, because... well, I just have to do those things, right? And here I am actually BLOGGING about this, when we all know mine is NOT a political blog. (So no bawling me out for caring one way or another... at least not on here, kay? I won't even TALK about all the nastiness I saw on fb! sheesh!!) Bleh.
And now, here it is, Thursday night, and I should be making dinner, or taking Samantha to urgent care maybe, or at least putting away the folded laundry that's all over the couches, or -- no, I guess I should finish folding it first. sigh.
But all is well, really. It's just "real" life, and it isn't always super fun, I guess. But we have power, and heat and a garage and carpet and a good home and family life, and we missed Sandy, when so many of our friends are still having a hard go, And of course I know and remember about all those other wonderful blessings that make it worth going through the occasional "blah" day. I know. Believe me, I know.
So... I'm going to go play the piano. That beautiful piano that I love. And I'll leave you on that note, for now!
5 comments:
Your dad says--Don't go play the piano...Take your daughter to the Instacare place!! He's worried that she may have Strep or something!
Meanwhile--just so I don't sound like such a bossy mom--just know that things are fine. You are BACK in our area and we love you and care lots about you and, as you said, this is just LIFE! :) Love, Mom
Dear Kamber,
As I pictured you yelling at the tv, it made me remember all the fun times we've had out here, talking and laughing and all of that. Not that you yelling ever happened when we were together, I just imagined your reaction and it made me smile. And I missed you. You're doing great! Don't give in to the blah-ness. Just do your best. Play that beautiful piano and know that it's all going to be okay. We love you all! Alysa
Kamber, I hope we didn't jinx your kids with our kiddo's sleep issues. Good luck!
Sis, I KNOW.I.KNOW.I.KNOW-----Downer week! Hoping next week is better ;-)
Aren't you glad you have a piano to play on days like that! Hope it all gets better for you. Especially that your kids sleep. That will help the most.
Post a Comment