Hi.
It's me, again.
And it's going to be short and boring, again. I just don't want "Blah" to be my last word on my blog anymore. Such a downer word, eh? And, while things aren't entirely better yet, I don't feel so "blah" anymore, so I thought I'd write a quick something new for all you readers who have been wondering if my world is falling apart into complete "blah"-ness.
It's not. Things are fine and I'm in a better mood. I vacuumed tonight -- that always help improve my outlook, ya know?
But the kids still aren't sleeping. They have colds/coughs now, and Spencer is getting more and more afraid in the dark. Any suggestions on helping him out with that? I was up with him from 2 - 3:30 a.m. last night... without ever going back to bed. I would leave his room and sit on the staircase nearby, reading, waiting for him to get up again and need me, which he did about every 7 minutes. Sigh. He decided he didn't want to sleep in our room, because it was too dark. (Not a big surprise. oh well.)
Tonight, he's been up 12 to 15 times since I put him to bed at 8:15. He wants more lights on, more drinks, a quick cuddle, a prayer... I finally told him, "look, Spence, night time is going to come. Every. single. day that you live... you will have to face the night. You need to just get used to it now, Buddy. And I love you. And I'm done talking to you." (Which, in fact, I wasn't, because he got up another 7 times after that conversation, of course.)
We went to Walmart today, just to get out of the house for a bit. Natalie was so funny, riding around in the cart, in the store, saying "I go a-Walmahht." again and again. Love that girl. And Spence was super-duper excited to pick out a laminated US States map place mat thing for him and a map of the world place mat for Samantha. Nat got an Elmo shapes and colors mat -- breakfast will be such fun at our house now, with our new mats!!
What else can I share here? Oh yes, the exciting news of the day is that I finally joined all you tech-junkies and got a smart phone. No, it's not a Siri. But it does text and internet and stuff. And maybe I'll even remember to keep it charged and keep it with me sometimes. Brian found it on clearance at Target -- only $15, and no contract, just pay-by-month. Wish me luck as I enter the world of texting. I already tried for a bit this evening, texting back and forth with my fam... ended up in the Spanish setting a time or two, told my sis-in-law that "I ruina un Androide" -- instead of "it's an Android, I think." Yes, hopefully I'll get some texting skills eventually. Or we wasted $15, eh? ;)
Goodnight, friends! "Blah" is not my last word anymore. :)
3 comments:
I have one word for you: Supernanny. I know nothing about the subject, but she helps parents with the bedtime routine on all of her shows. She's amazing! Good luck, Kamboni! Send me a text and let me know how it goes! :)
" I go a Walmahht" :D
Good Kam--that you removed your "downer post" from being the FIRST one up there!!
I tell you--I raised 5 kids, but I have absolutely NO solutions as to what to do for "scared in the night" kids. Good Luck with that one. It's not that I didn't have scared kids--It's just that I'm sure i didn't ever HANDLE it right! As I said--Good Luck. Meanwhile, just keep going to Walmahht to keep PART of the family happy! :) Love, Mom
Post a Comment