Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back Blogging: Back to school!

I know everyone else put up their first-day-of-school pictures a month ago. Well, it takes me awhile, but at least we actually did TAKE pictures of our cute kids on their first day. They're at a new school this year -- one with a bilingual curriculum. So, Samantha and Spencer spend half the day learning in English, and the other half of the day is in Spanish. It's been especially fun to hear Spencer come home telling me new words in Spanish -- colors, numbers, animals, etc. He's picking it up really quickly. Samantha is too, though she feels a bit more challenged, since most of the kids in her class started learning in Kindergarten, and she hasn't done any Spanish since preschool.

Anyway, they're both doing really well and they both really enjoy school so far. I just had parent-teacher conferences today, and got good reports about both kids. Spencer's favorite part of school is "making crafts and projects in art time." Samantha's favorite part is "history and geography -- in English." Here are some individual pictures of our cuties in their uniforms...

So, let's hear it for the whole back-to-school routine!! Happy kids = happy mom and dad, right?

Well, if I'm totally honest, the early mornings are about to whip my pregnant bottom., in a I-can-hardly-keep-my-eyes-open-by-2pm way!! Brian said the other day, "I was worried about the kids being really worn out by the long days and early mornings. But really, it's YOU that's getting worn out!" It's true. I still can't talk my body into wanting to get up at 6:45. It's just not natural to me, ya know? I keep thinking, man! I had sooo much more energy when I was expecting Natalie. Well, yes, and I had one preschooler who went to class twice a week at 9:30 a.m. Yeah, this is different -- an adjustment. Oh well. I'll survive, eh? ;)

Again, I say, let's hear it for the whole back-to-school routine! :) :)

No comments: