Thursday, September 26, 2013

Twenty-week scan... halfway to baby!!

So, we had our twenty-week scan of our little baby this week. It was super exciting to see all the movement and wiggling, etc. A few cute pics (that look a lot like all the other ultrasound pics we've had of our other babies, of course...)




And, if you're looking for some more specific anatomy pics... well... we don't have any, because this baby is a SURPRISE! That's right, we have 18-and-a-half more weeks to go before finding out if this little one is a boy or a girl. Are we old fashioned or what?! ;) Actually, this is Brian's special request. We had a surprise with Samantha, and he really, really loved it. So, after two "nonsurprise" babies (Spence and Nat), we are having one more surprise this time. Yes, that means I'll be buying pink AND blue, to resolve the "I have to plan" that every other mother tells me is the reason she could NEVER do a surprise. ;)

But secretly, I'm still thinking it's a boy. I'm not good at spotting things in ultrasounds, so I don't have very reliable information to back me up here. Plus, I really did turn my head and try not to look when the technician told us she was checking "down there." But hey, I might as well think it's one or the other, eh? And if it's a girl, well, then all the more a surprise it will be to me, right? Plus, we'll probably be more likely to agree on a name, if it's a girl, since Brian's very noncommittal about boy names. ha!

Anyway, even though we didn't find out what we're having, it was miraculous to see this little person on the big screen, kicking and wiggling and opening his little fists and pumping all that blood through those beautiful little heart chambers. Amazing!! It's a relief to know he's healthy and strong and growing according to schedule. Can't wait for him/her to get here... then maybe I will feel like I have more of a REASON to be so tired all the time??

1 comment:

Travis and Jana said...

So excited for you guys! I can't believe you are really holding out on finding out the gender. Good for you! What is your due date? We're expecting #4 too. February 22. I bet our due dates are close since we'll have our 20 week ultrasound this week!