- More sleep, but also more discipline in getting to bed without the hours of "wind-down" time.
- More scripture study and prayer, earlier in the day.
- Less raising my voice, more remaining calm and not clenching my teeth and frowning out my frustration (mainly in regards to mothering, of course.)
- More good music -- on the piano, on Pandora, on the CD players, in our home, in our car.
- More hugs and smiles and I-love-yous and thanks-yous and good-jobs!
- More organized drawers, cupboards and closets (this excludes kids' closets, which only stay organized until they open them again tomorrow, so I am going to count that as one thing I can't fully control and should just let go of right now.)
- More blogging, journaling, writing, and photographing the things that mean a lot to me.
- Better attempts to keep in touch and stay close to friends and family.
- Less facebook time.
- More exercise, more fruits and vegetables, more crock-pot meals.
- Lots of meaningful family time, some fun trips, board games, home time together.
- More routines, schedules, organized calendars for the fam.
- More reading, more good books and literature.
- More one-on-one time with my kids and Brian... and me.
- More living in the moment and being content with the blessings of each day.
It's been a crazy year for me, 2013. I'm glad to see it over, though it has had its ups and downs. I'm hopeful that 2014 will be a bright one, and that I'll choose to see its best side. Maybe these little reminders will be helpful to me. :)
2 comments:
Hi Kam!
Can I just steal your goals?!
Hugs,
Barb
Hey Kam--I especially like your goal about more blogging, writing, journaling, and picture-taking! And the one about keeping in better touch with family and friends. I like THOSE because I get to BENEFIT from them!! Your dad and I LOVE your writings!! Lots of Love to you, from Mom
Post a Comment