Atchoo!!
Yep. Head cold again. Goodness me, I've been too sick this winter!! I am NOT documenting it all here, but for the record, it's been pretty rough this season, and I'm ready for it to END! I mean, I don't mind if winter continues, but I want my sickness streak to end. And I want to NOT pass it on to all my family. And I want to feel as great as I imagine I will when I'm not grabbing tissues, popping ibuprofen, icing my back or making my way to urgent care for another strep test. So, here's to a HEALTHY me in this new year!!
In other news, Samantha has discovered the world of Harry Potter. I know, we're behind the times and many moms now read it to their kids in kindergarten, right? But I have cautious kids, so I guess 9 was the unofficial age of Harry Potter. The funny thing is, she DEVOURED the first book in two days! No joke. She is a FAST reader -- faster than me, for sure. She tore through it so fast she forgot to do laundry, homework, piano practice and most anything I asked her to do -- three times over. And so now, the second volume is waiting until she can prove she has enough self control to handle it. But secretly, I hope she proves herself very soon, so she can continue her thorough enjoyment of the series.
Spencer has started piano lessons with the same teacher who teaches Samantha. He has learned a few songs with the youtube videos, and seems to like it as a calming mechanism. So, he started last week and we're hoping he enjoys it understands it well enough. He's come a long way with the finger sucking, but still has a ways to go. We're hoping to kick this habit! Soon!! His newest love seems to be soccer. He got a soccer ball for Christmas, and loves kicking it around the back yard -- or the living room, until it gets confiscated.
Natalie got a CD of "Frozen" songs, so we're all "Letting it Go," for the "First time in Forever." All.... Day.... Long. She loves dressing up and dancing, and pretending she's saving Anna or Elsa from a frigid fate. She also loves her preschool class and any play dates I arrange for her. I love seeing how social she is, and how confident. She's also becoming very aware of herself right now, which is sweet --and sometimes hard-- to watch; with peers or other mothers, she sometimes get very shy or clingy, or very indignant and stubborn. Whatever emotion she experiences, it's FULL STEAM and usually very darling and amusing to observe, as a mom.
Camille is our big bundle of love and cuddles. She really loves to be held and patted and coddled along. She can hold her own bottle, but refuses because she likes me or Brian to give it to her. She crawls like a champ now and rifles through the tupperware cupboard and any drawers that are slightly ajar. She is starting to cruise along the couches and chairs. Just today, she pulled up to the piano for the first time and banged out her first notes with those chubby little fingers, while I was practicing. She is wearing 18 month clothes now, and some 24 month stuff. I'm sadly putting away all the 12-month clothes I thought would fit her for awhile longer. She'll turn one in just a week and a half. So exciting to have a one-year-old!! I love babies, but I also LOVE watching my grow and grow. I know I'll miss them when they're all grown up. But I get excited watching them reach each new stage.
As for Brian, he's busy, but not soooo busy. Not like before Christmas. This is a much more manageable kind of busyness then we had all last fall. So I'm feeling very appreciative that he's in bed with me most nights and has time to eat and visit with us in the evenings. Almost feels like what I imagine "normal" hours might be like?? He has had more time to exercise and take care of himself, which makes me feel so happy for him. And he is able to focus on church responsibilities more effectively. And, I have to add that he's been especially sweet with me these past weeks, taking good care of me and kissing me better when I hurt a lot. My back is my biggest concern.(And I guess we're back to me?)
It's been hurting off and on these past few months, as Camille has gotten bigger and I'm still lifting her a lot. Then, last Sunday during Sacrament meeting, it went waaaayyy out, pretty embarrassing because the tears just wouldn't stop and I couldn't really stand up straight. So, now I've got this funky brace on, plus lots of ibuprofen and ice. It's been a week and a half now, and it still hurts a lot. But I'm exercising and seeing a chiropractor and hoping it will get stronger and heal up quickly!!
That's all for now, I think. I better go to bed and see if this cold magically disappears by morning, eh?! :) Bye for now.
Kamber
No comments:
Post a Comment