Monday, September 14, 2015

Mom vs. Toddler

Dear Whoever Cares About This Tedious Little Stuff,

I can assure you, I was not ready this morning to do battle with my toddler. But apparently she was ready to take on the world, and mom and all her Mom Rules were just standing in the way!


We've dealt with marker on the face, legs, and hands-- not to mention the walls and books in Samantha's room. Several ink pens have been disassembled this morning, Legos have been strewn and stepped on, and juice has been spilled on the floor. There has been some toilet diving, in at least two-- maybe three-- bathrooms, and some running yucky dishrags over her head repeatedly.

She has thoughtfully "helped" me sweep and mop the kitchen floor. Also, she has been a great "help" with the two loads of laundry on the couch I've been folding. There may have been some underwear worn on her head – – maybe more than once today. And at least a couple of drawers have been emptied. I think she may have eaten something she wasn't supposed to, because she kept making her "yucky" noise and cutting her mouth when she came out of Natalie's room earlier.

My $16 tub of fancy conditioner would have thanked me to leave that last load of laundry and just put the girl down for her nap five minutes earlier. Instead, we now have a very slick shower floor, a tub full of very conditioner-coated clothes and shoes, and a newly bathed girl who will probably smell like Biolage product for the next few days at least.

At this point, I think I will join her for a little sleep, and I hope we wake up with a little less intense toddlerhood on our hands!!

3 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Oh my. I totally get it. Although this reminds me more of Bronwyn and Aftyn at that age than Mirren. Sadly, she too will get there, and I will feel equally frustrated. I'm sorry that all happened today!! Hopefully, your day only got better after that!

Karen the Grandma! said...

Oh Kam--What in the world am I getting myself into????
Maybe I'm not really READY to watch that little Tornado while you're traipsing over Peru!!! I'm all geared for that loving little Dolly Girl that she usually is when I'm with her--while YOU'RE around! It's a good thing she's such a little Beauty Cutie, isn't it!!!

A loving Grandma said...

Comment Two--
I just re-read all the things you mentioned that this little sweet dolly got into on this day you were writing about, and I can check off MOST of the items that she has done in this three little days that I've had her here!
Yesterday while we were all sitting in the family room laughing at a movie together, she slipped away and came back several minutes later--Sopping Wet!! I picked her up and pulled all her clothes off her--expecting to change a soaked diaper--but her diaper wasn't even the slightest bit wet. A little bit later, I discovered the soppy wet towels, socks, rugs, and washcloths------In the TOILET! hmmm..... She's a dolly!! All is well with her--she's just being her normal regular self! Ha!