So much to write...
So little time.
How was my trip to England? Wonderful, beautiful, filled with so many sweet memories of the first years of marriage with Brian. I felt surrounded by all the thoughts and feelings of newlywed bliss... and missed Brian immensely! It was really nice to be able to talk to him and text with him throughout the time I was there. I had big plans of writing a little blog entry every night. But well... I was exhausted!! We rented a car for the first few days we were there, and I was our driver. I didn't anticipate how stressful that would be for me. It was fun, but it wore me out! I could barely make it to 10pm (3pm Idaho time) to say hello/goodnight to the kids as the came home from school.
So now, instead, I have big plans of back-blogging, of course -- just as soon as I get my pics off my phone and upload them onto here. I took a TON, and would love to record all the fun little details of my trip. I've been reading back through past blog entries lately, and really enjoying the reminiscing time. Isn't it fun to be taken back to moments that meant something to you, but you haven't thought of them in such a long time? I love how writing does that for me. Amazing and wonderful!
What else is there to tell for right now? Well, we have been having a great November so far... lots going on already, and lots more to look forward to! One most exciting thing, there is a new temple for our church that is being dedicated this coming Sunday, right here in Meridian. It's only 15 minutes from us, and it is gorgeous! They've been doing the open house these past few weeks, so we got to take the kids inside. It was wonderful. All four of them seemed to really appreciate that special experience. As we stood in the celestial room and looked at that glorious chandelier, Camille grabbed my hand and whispered, "Mom, do you think we could live in here?" It was so sweet and precious to me. I was kind of feeling the same way, just basking in the peaceful beauty of the place. Of course, she was actually pretty serious, and kept asking a few more times.
My parents also came to see the temple, and I got to go tour it again with them this past week. It was such a nice, relaxing visit with them. They stayed with us one night, then got a hotel so we could bring the kids over and go swimming the next night. Then, Camille and I met them for breakfast the next morning before heading to the temple. We had a slow and easy pace, then ate at Kneaders for lunch afterward, before they started home. I love that they took time to come be with us and visit like that.
Their visit came during a hard day -- Nov. 6, Wade's passing anniversary. We didn't talk a lot about it, all together. But it was weighing heavy on our minds for sure. My mom and I read some of my memories that I wrote on here during the first month after he died. It's hard to believe it's been four years now. Oh, how I miss him! I dreamed the other night that he sent me a text message to tell me he was running late and would meet us at Aunt Darla's. Oh, it was short, and I wanted to hear his voice instead of just seeing a little text from him. But it was still comforting to wake up and feel like he had communicated with me in my dream. Those dreams come less often now, it seems. At first I had several dreams where he was very near. And I still do, from time to time. But I long for more. Usually, though, when I get a dream like that, I pray and pray that my dad will get to have some dreams of Wade. I would love for my dad to have that kind of comfort I feel when I have a dream like that. He needs it. Especially the ones where I hear his voice, clear as day. That is always a beautiful, wonderful gift. I wish my dad could have that.
I like that our family celebrates Wade's birthday the way we do. This other day is harder to swallow. The ache comes the middle of October, as memories start to resurface. And it continues through the day he died, and then the day we all found out he had died, and on through the viewing and funeral time. Those anniversaries have all passed now, and I've cried my tears and felt the grief shift again, as it often does. And so, on rolls November.
We are having Thanksgiving this year with the Bishop side of the family. And, we're having it here, in our home! With many of Brian's extended family -- aunts, uncles and cousins, as well as siblings and nieces and nephews. So much fun! It's going to be quite the group, but I'm pretty excited about it. I hope it all goes well and that everyone stays well and healthy! We're expecting upwards of 50 people! Whew! I'll have to report when it's over, right?!
For now, I'm feeling my eyes get heavy, and the hour is getting later. I'll sign off for tonight, and see if I can upload some pics, for next time. Bye!
1 comment:
Hi Kam~
So good to see your post pop up!!
Oh, I would have loved to have gone to, England! I have a dear friend who lives in, Manchester, I would love to see her!! You are a lucky woman, and I'm so impressed that you drove while there!! I'm looking forward to seeing some of those photos.
November is kind of a hard month for me as well. My dad passed away on, Halloween, and we buried him on his birthday, November 5th. It's hard, even 33 years later. I look so forward to seeing him again.
Wade was such a special guy, loved by all who met him, and still loved. I truly believe that they visit us in dreams, I always look forward and pray for those moments. I know what you mean about your dad, wishing he would have those experiences...he will when it's time. Diana has never had dreams about her sweet little, Hannah. I wish she would, the day of her death is coming up, right before Thanksgiving, or maybe even on Thanksgiving day, and it's always such a hard day for her. She is going to Arizona to spend it with Christina and her family...that's always a good thing for her, Christina is wonderful support.
You will have a house full! I'm sure you will be the best hostess, as always, you are so gracious. We will be going to, Amber and James' house. Jessica and Ben will be in SLC. Ben's dad just had a double lung transplant, so his parents will be there for a few months...crazy huh?! Chris is going, Steel Head fishing, no big surprise! So it will just be the, Empey's and the William's this year... :0)
Happy Thanksgiving you you sweet girl!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
Post a Comment