Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Better day-- in writing

So, it worked!
I wrote and wrote and put all my anxious, nervous thoughts onto this blank page last Saturday night. I didn't even really "post" it until later. But I got it all out of my head and onto virtual paper.
Then I slept and prayed and refocused.
And now, I feel better. :) Works like a charm, eh?

I have a facebook group called Three Good Things Today. I don't post every day, but most days I try to write down at least three positive, happy things from my day. THAT works, too. OH, how much I love to write. I am sitting here in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday, knowing there are groceries to buy, a kitchen to mop, a bathroom or two to clean, a few loads of laundry to do before the kids get home and the real busy part of my day begins. But I had to come back for a few more words here. I miss it. I love it. I NEED it! If I had a life coach, she would tell me to write. She would see the healing power it has for my heart and soul. She would just MAKE me DO IT, for my sanity. Maybe I should be my own life coach? Sounds like I already know what I need.

I've been missing it for too long. Somewhere along the long list of priorities for my somewhat busy life of tending and mending and caring for the whole household, I've put writing down near the bottom. It's a mistake. For me, at least. Writing is part of my soul medicine. I feel the light of life, the love of the Lord in my life when I write. It's a good thing. I want to recommit! I want to give my thoughts a voice, if only so they leave my head and let me be at peace! :)

But it's a challenge, and I fear my commitment is a bit shallow. So instead, I'll just say I HOPE to return to what feeds my soul. On a regular basis. It's just something that feels sooo good to me.

And music... I played a medley of hymns in Sacrament meeting service this past Sunday. It was intense! I love the memory of the feelings I felt as I played. So much love, so much peace, so much truth in music.

Anyway, the groceries really DO need me, before kids get home. So I'm off for now. Just had to write a quick something... anything... just, writing. :) :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Kam!

Yah, I'm so glad you will be writing more, I've said it before, you should write a novel . . . anything would do, you are an amazing writer!!

Blogging really does give me an outlet. It's a place that I can just be me, all the good and all the bad. No one really knows me, only a handful of people, so they can imagine I'm whoever they think I am. Don't get me wrong, I don't lie or anything, but imagination is a wonderful thing, I'm sure that they are not who I imagine either. Did that even make sense?! My girls rarely look at my blog, but, one day, they might appreciate what I talk about here. I have met some amazing people through blogging, some I will never meet, not in this life anyway, hopefully in the next. I don't do, Facebook, it's way too impersonal to me, and way too much junk...but I do love blogging, even if no one reads, it's my story.

I can't wait for more!

Hugs and Love,
Barb