Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Update with highlights

It's been awhile. I guess sometimes life just happens too quickly to document it. We've been keeping busy here this past week. Here's a list of highlights...

  • Brian's aunt and cousins have been staying with us, seeing the sites. It's been great to finally have some company again. They left this morning for a few days in Paris, ooh la lah!
  • More visitors! My cousins (Les and Stephen) and a friend are coming for a visit, arriving on Saturday morning. We really do love hosting people and look forward to their trip.
  • Our Primary children sang in Sacrament meeting this past Sunday. I was so nervous about it all week, and it turned out really nicely! They all sang and could be heard even from the back of the chapel. I played the piano and didn't make too many mistakes. Victory!
  • Brian and I have joined a gym. After four weeks of working out, I finally lost 3 pounds. Only 15 more to go to pre-baby weight! It feels good to be more active.
  • We have a trip planned to Vienna at the end of the month. I just booked our hotel and got a good deal on a nice Marriott with a pool. Time to start getting excited for a mini holiday.
  • Sammie is growing too fast for me to believe it. I'm adding a separate entry about her (with picts). So here I'll just say she's now crawling like crazy; standing against anything she can pull up on; eating little bits of pasta, potatoes, veggies, etc.; and she gets a little frightened and clingy lately.
  • I cooked my first lasagna EVER last week. It was so easy. I just never made it before because I thought it was really hard, but this was simple and tasty.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll see if I can get Sam's pictures to load.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a darling little piano player! She must take after her MOTHER---loving the piano at such an EARLY age! I must admit---you never did play the piano with your feet, though, Kam--not that I ever witnessed, anyway. Maybe she takes after her DAD!! (??) Either way--- Isn't she a doll??
Love, a doting Grandmother!