The Rialto Bridge is one of the most famous bridges in Venice. You see it all the time in movies and on postcards. There are shops all across the middle of the bridge with vendors selling blown glass, lace, leather goods, and Venecian masks. In this particular picture, Samantha and I are actually standing front and center at the top of the bridge, me in a purple coat. But I don't think you can see us, even zoomed in.
The light was just slightly too bright here, but I thought it was a dreamy shot anyway. Brian took it. Notice all the stairs on all the bridges... It's so amazing how all of them are built with a nice arch so that the boats can go through in the canals. But it's not so cool when toting a child in a stroller up and down and up and down. :)
The sun came out and Brian walked to the end of a pier to get this lovely shot of the Grand Canal. It really was quite a lovely afternoon.
I'd tell you what this building is, but I'd be making it up as I went along. I just thought it was happily situated and the afternoon sun was lighting it beautifully acroos the water.
2 comments:
Those are beautiful!
I have a cousin who is shipping out to Sicily in January with the Navy. I'm sure she's planning on it anyway, but i'll have to share your pictures with her to make sure she plans an excursion to Venice.
Thanks for sharing!
Wow, Sicily! Sounds fantastic... and warmer. You should plan an excursion to visit her!
Post a Comment