
Okay, I know this is way too many posts about a one-day trip... just goes to show we took way too many pictures. Oh well. I thought I'd include some of US on our trip, rather than just buildings and crowds.

The best way to get around quickly in Venice is to take a water taxi. They go up and down the Grand Canal and they are CROWDED, we discovered. We waited in a long line in the rain when we first arrived. Having the stroller proved inconvenient at first -- everyone kept pushing in front of us and we missed two taxis. But then I got smart and pulled the rain cover off and pushed back the top so everyone could see the adorable Samantha inside. As soon as she started chatting with people, we were generously shoved to the front of the line and had no problem getting on the next taxi. We met a nice couple from Boston with a baby. They live in Germany and he's been in Iraq for a year with the service. Nice to meet some Americans. Here we are, on the water taxi...

Venice has some nice food markets, which we almost missed because we were googling over the jewelry. (Okay, actually I was googling, and Brian was enduring... he pointed out that I should be worried if he started googling too much.) We bought some delicious cherry tomatoes that we ate with our dinner, and some amazing clementines that we brought home with us.

We stopped for lunch in a little restaurant and bought a pizza for me and a calzone for Brian (and baby food for Sam.) I decided to order hot chocolate as well, and Brian got a sprite. I include the picture of the hot chocolate, because it was more like chocolate soup, it wsa so thick! It reminded me of the chocolate Alicia got in Paris that was all over her arm, cheek and somehow, her neck! When we got our bill, it looked like the hot chocolate and the sprite cost more than the food. The server assured us that wasn't the case, but we left wondering how it added up to 16 euros for a quick bite! Be warned: Venice is expensive.

Here's daddy Brian and the little Sam, waiting for the taxi to take us home. I just thought it was such a cute shot, had to include it.
1 comment:
It seems that adorable little Sammi wins her way into the hearts of everyone--even other eager Tourists!! Sorry about the cost of food there, but the Clementines sound enticing! (I've got a juicy tangerine just waiting in the fridge that I think I'll go eat right now!)
(I'm glad it was pointed out that Brian wasn't "googling" over the jewelry!!) :) Love, Mom
Post a Comment