Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow Day in London

Last week we had an official snow day here! London and SouthWest England received record amounts of snow, more than they've had in over 7 years! Brian and I chuckled to ourselves that 2 1/2 inches is a record snowfall. England just doesn't get that much snow in the South. So, it was fun to have some excitement, and fun to see everything all white.

Samantha and I went out to play in the back yard for a little while, and I got some cute pictures of her. She loved looking at it, and was quite puzzled by how hard it was to walk around in it.

I couldn't find her mittens, so she wore socks on her hands. They worked okay, until she fell down and got personal with the snow. Then she was not quite so happy about being out in it, and wanted me to carry her (and get myself all wet, of course).

We also went for a ride/walk in the stroller, to visit our friends. It turned out to be quite the work out for me to push the stroller on unshovelled sidewalks! Sammie was loving it, looking all around and talking about it all, in her gabby way.
When it was time to come in, she thought it was so funny that I took off her wet and snow-caked jeans and shook them out the back door. She was especially pleased to then run around the house pantsless for a few minutes. Cutie.

3 comments:

john and nikki said...

looks like she enjoyed the snow! where abouts in england did you move to?

john and nikki said...

thanks for checking out our blog! We'll be in the UK apr 29 - May 6. I would love to ask you about the places we are considering going to...email me at nicole_wardle@hotmail.com and I'll email you back!

Anonymous said...

Sammi's smiling SO sweetly in ALL those snow pictures! I thnk that must indicate that she's eager to move back here to Idaho so she can have MORE of those fun Snow Days, eh??!
Remember how much she liked the snow when she was here at Christmas time? She loved that little walk you took over to Grandma Eva's with her in the stroller.

Lance and Wade werre here this evening and I showed them these cute pictures plus the ones of your lovely new flat and the little videos. They really enjoyed them all! It makes us all miss you, but keeps us up on what's going on in your lives. So thanks lotw. We ALL thank you. Love, Mom