Friday, May 25, 2007

A good day for Samantha

If Samantha could remember today, I think she'd probably count it as a good, fun-filled day. Since she most likely won't remember it, I'm writing a bit for her. This morning, our good friend Ana offered to take Sammie for a few hours to play at the park and have lunch. What a nice idea! (I especially loved the few hours' free time, and chose to meet Brian for lunch at his work.)
Ana came at a little after 10 and the two of them headed to Swiss Cottage to the park. This evening, Ana emailed me the fun pictures they took together....
Ana is from Brazil. She speaks Portuguese, English, Italian and Spanish! Very talanted and beautiful Latina woman. She goes to our church and is always sooo good with the children. Obviously, Sam thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Sam is a big girl and LOVES going down the slide ALL BY HERSELF! Only, I have to say that the last time I let her go down this particular slide in the picture, she got going a bit too fast and triple-rolled off the end when she got to the bottom. She's been going more s-l-o-w-l-y down slides since then, catching herself if she gets up too much momentum.

After the park, Samantha came home and had a VERY long nap until about 5 pm. Then she played with toys for awhile until it was apparent her Dad would not be home for dinner. I thought it would be fun to get out of the house and go see Brian at work, so Samantha and I got dressed and went for a fun ride on the Tube down to Daddy's work...
Sammie LOVED seeing her daddy's fun office. She helped him keep track of his cell phone (or you might say she refused to let go of it), and she helped him tidy up some of his folders and binder clips, too. In this shot below, she was just getting ready to dive across the desk and reach her dad's Blackberry (the little calculator-looking thing on the right).
Samantha also really enjoyed running through the halls at her dad's work. She wandered into an empty conference room at one point, and was thrilled to find a big table, lots of chairs, and cupboards across one whole wall. She promptly closed the door to the conference room and LOCKED the deadbolt!! Here she is, playing with me through the frosted glass next to the door...
Apparently, she thought it was a pretty good game for awhile. She ran around the room, pushing the chairs around, opening drawers, and climbing into cupboards. In the meantime, we were trying to locate a security guard to come open the door for us. It took about 15 minutes before we were able to get her out, crazy girl! I promise, she only cried for the very last minute, and even then it was half-hearted. :)
Well, so dinner at Brian's work was a lot of fun for Sam. She ran around the empty cafeteria while we ate delicious food. She came by occasionally to get a drink of smoothie or a bite of tomatoes. When it was over, Brian kissed us goodbye and Sam and I headed home for the night. She ended up going to bed a couple hours later than usual, but I don't think she minded too much. What a fun day, huh Samantha??!

3 comments:

the House of Payne said...

>>
It took about 15 minutes before we were able to get her out, crazy girl! I promise, she only cried for the very last minute, and even then it was half-hearted. :)
>>

Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds like a very fun day for Samantha. She looks so happy.

Once again, I used to think we had an active, busy child . . . until we met Samantha! I don't know how you keep up with her.

Marci said...

Brian's desk looks just like Matt's all the time! Piles of stuff to do. Samantha is too cute, by the way...