Saturday, August 11, 2007

Photos from NY

I know everything I write this next while will be a bit outdated. So, I won't write much, but will just say we had a wonderful trip home last month! First, our stop in NY, which consists mainly of picts of me and Sam in Central Park... Most of the picts I got of Sam the first day were just long distance shots of her back as she ran away from me.

She did not like the big Hans Christen Anderson statue (you know he's the fairy tale guy, right?). Other kids were sitting on his lap while he "read" them a story. Sam was horrified that I lifted her so close to him!

More running...
The best "posed" smiling shot I got all day! Sam quacked at the ducks in this little pool, then tried to climb in with them. It was pretty deep and swampy, so I'm glad she didn't make it over the edge.
We got a little drawing of Samantha, just for fun. It doesn't really look too much like her, but it's cute. She didn't like sitting still on my lap for 20 minutes while the guy drew her.
Below is Brian's firm's office tower in NY! It was a massive complex, with several different companies and firms working there. When Sam and I went to visit Brian in his firm's lobby, the front desk security took a photo of me and made a photo ID badge on the spot, just to let me in. (it was not a good photo, as I had no "primping" time!)
Dinner with friends. Brian knows Jamal and his wife, J... I'm not even going to try to spell her name even though I know how to say it. Anyway, these three know each other from when they lived in Egypt. We went to the BEST Middle East restaurant, with delicious hummus and great kebabs!

Sam had her own table, lucky!

No comments: