Doctor says everything looks good, right on track for a due date of March 13. This was my first visit this pregnancy, so I was quite relieved to see a healthy baby, and even more relieved to see there's only one in there. (Any other mothers have a dreaded fear of twins??)
So, the not-so-pleasant part of this is the daily wretching and gagging and constant nausea that is just "part of the game." My super-human sense of smell is about to drive both me and Brian crazy, I think. Top smells that just about send me over the edge:
- Rotting oranges: You US'ers probably think, how often does one really have to smell rotting oranges. Well, over here they rot within the week we buy them! If we buy a big bag of 10-12, no doubt two will go bad before we can eat them. And my goodness, they smell TERRIBLE!
- Our office: I'm not sure what it smells like, but I gag every single time I open the door. Maybe it's a little musty?? Anyway, it sends me running to the toilet in dry heaves just thinking about it.
- Laundry: Clean or dirty, it doesn't matter. I had to do away with all laundry softeners because they were too strong smelling. Even just pouring in the detergent sometimes gets to me. If clothes have been in a drawer for a few days, they smell stale. In the hamper, they smell sooo rotten!
- Samantha's dirty diapers and bedroom: The diapers are a given, I know. But even just going in her room can be damaging if she's soaked through or poopy. Sneaking in during the night to check on her is very rough sometimes.
- Food cooking: Dinner is sooooo hard, when I can't stand the smell of whatever's in the oven. Chicken, potatoes, lasagna, beef, whatever... I just hate to smell it as it cooks. That's usually when I end up losing it most often, just before or after dinner.
4 comments:
Oooh, so sorry! I know what you mean, and sympathize whole-heartedly. I HATE being pregnant. What fun to see the first ultra-sound. Are you using your old doctor from before? I loved mine... absolutely loved him.
Kamber! Those are the best ultra sound pictures! Seriously, mine have never been at such a good angle. How cute to see his/her little home and see arms and legs and a big tummy and head. It's a real, kicking, moving baby!! Yea!! That has to make the puking feel better right? It really is awful that you have to feel so sick, but it will be over soon enough and you'll have your little "gummy bear" to show for it! Good luck getting through these weeks though.
Thanks for sending the pictures of our new little grandchild, Kam---they're GREAT!! We saw Blaine and Lisa's ultra-sound pictures over the week-end, too, and their new little one looks lots like YOURS!! :) (Two little gummi-bears coming into the family in March---yay hooray!!) :)
I'm sorry about all those SMELLS affecting you so adversely---I say stick one of those clip clothespins on your nose and go around that way all the time! (I'm sure Brian would appreciate it!) :) Love, Mom
Hello!?!?! CONGRATS!
We've had family in town and I haven't been a loyal blog checker recently, so I just saw this. MUY EXCITING! :)
Post a Comment