Friday, November 30, 2007

Sick Day

Yesterday I took a full-on sick day like I haven't had in ... I don't even remember how long. I'm serious, this includes all the disgusting morning-sickness days and all the sniffles of the past while. Yesterday I was just SICK! I didn't leave my bed all day, (except for the too frequent bathroom trips) yuck. No reading, no phone talking (other than what was absolutely necessary), no TV, nothing. I woke up early with some terrible stomach bug that totally drained me. I couldn't keep anything down all day, not even gatorade or water. By the time Brian was ready to leave for work at 9ish, I was in a ball on our bedroom rug (safely near the bathroom), begging him "please don't leave me yet."

Sweet, dear husband that he is, Brian rearranged his schedule and started working from home. He encouraged me to lay in the bed instead of on the floor, then got Sammie up, fed and changed her, and took care of her until nap time. At 2ish, he left the two of us peacefully sleeping for the afternoon. He came home by 6 to help with Samantha for the evening/bedtime, then stayed up till some unholy hour finishing his work. What a wonderful, dear man he is! Sooo good to me! I hope I said thank you enough, but saying it doesn't always seem like enough.

Well, so I was finally able to keep some water down after about 2 a.m. last night, and today I've felt proud of the toast, juice, banana and rice I've had. Back on track! I'm sooooo glad that was just a one day thing, and I sooooo hope no one else gets it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it just me or is the stomach flu a billion times worse when you are pregnant? I hate it!! That is too bad that you had to go through that. Good thing Brian was there to save the day. It makes such a HUGE difference when you don't have to do anything.

Elieson Family said...

Ewww! Sorry about your sickness. The weirdest thing happened a few weeks ago when I was getting over a small 24hr bug.. I'd just gotten sick and got some fresh water to ease the taste in my mouth. After all the acid in my mouth, the water tasted SO SWEET! Doubtful, but did you have that same small joy?

ManicMandee said...

So glad you are feeling better and Brian took good care of you! We miss you.