Sunday, June 15, 2008

Regent's Park Picnic

One of our favorite parks in London is Regents Park, near the hospital where both our babies were born. We've been looking forward to the time when the rose gardens in Regents are in bloom, and finally, it's here!


We took a little picnic dinner down to Regents last week one night when Brian got home earlier than usual. It was so fun to see the 50+ varieties of roses, all planted in a huge circular garden and labeled by name. I wanted to smell each kind and find out which is most fragrant. I think I got sensory overload, because after awhile they all smelled equally rosy.
I also got a little camera happy, because I have a photo collage idea I'd like to try. So, here's a small range of some of the flower shots I took...






Artsy, accidental shot of two black swans. I just thought it looked kind of interesting...
Samantha liked the "water" part of the park best (don't all kids?) She would not pose on the bridge or in front of the waterfall, but I got a cute one of her rummaging through the picnic basket...


Spencer wasn't really keen on the whole idea, since it was past his bed time. But he obliged us for awhile before getting a bit cranky. Some picts of him and us...


Brian's favorite little sculpted garden...
Oh, I will miss the green, gorgeousness of England. The parks, the Heath, the country walks.... sigh.

ps. Regents Park was first set aside as a public hunting ground way back in the 15th century by King Henry VIII. Wow! Old park.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! How BEAUTIFUL!! In your line-up of the seven roses, I think they're ALL gorgeous, but my favorite one is that close-up of that fabulous orangish-red rose--number four. Isn't that a fantastic shot??

Regents Park IS very lovely, and I'm glad we got to go there with you. I'm kinda sorry you'll have to leave the beauties of England--all the marvelous yeqr-round greenery, and such---but not TOO sorry!! :) We're DELIGHTED that you're coming HOME!!

The waterfull area sure is pretty, and it was SO FUN to see little Spencer looking so serious--yet sweet! (and you and Sammie, and Brian, TOO!) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!! It really is so pretty. What a nice family evening picnic to be outside in all the roses together. I love it.

You might miss how green England is when you move back, but you sure will like getting to take your coats and sweatshirts off.

Lhone said...

I bet there will be a few things that you'll miss about England. But, it seems like there is always something to miss with every move. I am guessing you will love being in the states.

Jeni said...

How did I miss THAT when I lived in England? Beautiful!

Wade Hone said...

Very cool, and excellent photos. I look forward to seeing your collage idea come together.