Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Year

I know it feels like it's been a year since I've updated this blog. But really, this post is just a little milestone reminder...

One year ago today our little Bishop family boarded the plane and said goodbye to London. This is our Welcome Back to the USA anniversary day. Hard to believe it's been a whole year, in some ways. In other ways, it feels almost like a dream that we even lived there and had that nearly-four years in lovely England. Do I miss it? Yes. Do I want to go back? Sometimes. Am I glad we moved back home? Yes. Is it what I expected? No and yes. Has this year been what I thought it would be? Not sure, but I'm pretty content and "settled" for right now.

I feel like I should wax philosophical and nostalgic about this. Yet, I'm not really in that kind of mood right now. Just waking up, remembering this day. Things are good, the sun is shining and it's going to be a hot one today.

If I get motivated, I'll do some back-blogging of all the hundreds of photos we've taken over the last few weeks. Stay tuned for updates on the following:
-- Father's Day camp trip with my parents
-- Alicia's visit to the great Gem State
-- Sam and Spencer's first REAL camping experience
-- Phelps family reunion in Grantsville
-- Lavendar Fields Festival, complete with lavendar lemonade and lavendar ice cream

Yes, I plan to blog again sometime. Just trying to make time, I guess?

6 comments:

Elieson Family said...

Our two year was a month ago, and I get a bit nostalgic every time. I miss it. I like being home, but I miss London more than I could ever have imagined I would. It was home too.
Michael and I wonder about long-term though, don't you? For example, having our kids go through YM/YW out there. High school prom and football. There are definite perks to being here, but like you, we miss it. Sometimes I miss it a lot.
Wish we could see you guys.

Mel said...

We're glad to have you back. I can't believe it's only been a year, it seems longer than that.

Karen said...

Nice to see your post, Kam. I'm DELIGHTED that you're living back around here---closer to us than you were, but I, too, somewhat miss you living in London. Can you BELIEVE I said that???? What I miss is that we seemed to talk on the phone MORE OFTEN...and I LOVE that!! With you living way up there four and a half hours away, I don't SEE you often enough, OR talk on the phone with you often enough for my liking!!! :) (but no matter what I'm saying....I LOVE having you live back around us like this!!)

I'm so pleased that we got to come and visit you so much like we did. We just LOVE going back over our pictures and our memories and re-living the fun experiences we had while on our trips to see you there. ... But I'd STILL rather have you living HERE in the states!!!
Lots of Love to you, From MOM (oh, and I'm eagerly looking forward to your next post with pictures...Lavender Ice Cream, eh?? I remember how Sammie LOVED picking the lavender growing in England...)

Lhone said...

What a year! I can't believe its been a year. Glad you guys are around!

ManicMandee said...

Congrats on making it to your year mark. We are almost to our year mark in Utah and I feel much the same way you described.
So I don't think Steve told you guys, but we plan to be there Saturday late afternoonish? But we are wanting to make a dinner for Mom and Dad B and anyone else who wants to be with us Saturday night. We don't want mom and dad to host it at their house. We really want mom to have a break the day after her surgery. But we can do it at a park. Reed and Alysa were assigned to find the venue if we are all going to get together. So you might want to talk to them.
We'll be leaving after the blessing Sunday. So it will be short.
Look forward to seeing you!!!

Dalana and Mark said...

We're ever so glad you're back and you guys being so close to us is an even bigger bonus. What a fun year it has been! We hope there's many more years ahead of living close by.