Just a note before bed tonight. Just in case anyone reads that last post I read and gets a little starry-eyed for us, with so many "ups" to report in one sitting... Well, I thought I'd quickly report that life goes on as usual this evening, charmed as it may seem at times...
-- Brian called around 5p.m. and said he'd be working till at least midnight, no surprise "goodnight" visit for the kids tonight, bummer.
-- Spencer refused to eat half his dinner, then accidentally choked on an extra big bite and threw up the other half all over himself, his blanket, and the chair.
-- We had to wait to wash the blanket, since both washers and dryers were in use.
-- Natalie refused to take her bottle before we went to the pool (was too distracted, I guess), so then she cried the entire time we swam -- which wasn't very long, because she was crying. Then Spencer cried because we had to leave the pool.
-- Showers after the pool = Natalie screamed on my bed while Sammie, Spence and I got showered; Spencer pooped in the shower (a big nasty mess) and screamed about it for several minutes; Sammie refused a hairwash and I was too exhausted to fight her on that one.
-- Samantha perpetuated the mess around here with her "towel forts" (since there's a surplus of towels and a shortage of blankets), her bendaroos on every surface -- most especially the front door, and her many artworks scattered across the desk, table, and dressers.
-- We watched "Cars" (for the 25th time since we got here last week!) while we waited for BaBa (the blanket) to dry out, so Spence would go to sleep happily. At 9:30 p.m.
-- Out of dishwasher detergent, so I just did all the dishes from the last two days by hand.
-- And it's still raining/snowing. Cold.
Yep. Life goes on, as usual. And I'm glad this rainy day is pretty much over now!
4 comments:
I'm speechless. that SO sucks. So sorry. I'm just guessing you will do something awesome/amazing so satan wants you to leave... badly. hang in there.
Sorry, Babe--that you're having "real life" amid all the "glamorous excitement" of New York City! Lisa's probably right--so just Hang In There!! Love, Mom
I guess the "Good Life" is still not perfect, eh? Last week HP pooped in the bath tub and then it took like three more baths before we could get him in without screaming. It's so traumatic! Just think soon you'll be in your own place and can get in a routine, and life will be "normal" again. Until then hang in there.
Wow! I love the real life stories Kam. It's probably too soon for you but one day you'll look back on...
um...
a little voice in my head told me to just shut up already.
:-P
love ya sis!
Wade.
Post a Comment