Sunday, March 06, 2011

What I'm talking about?

Another cute little tidbit from Samantha...

After church today, I was making lunch and Sammie was sitting at the kitchen counter watching me, and rambling on about such things as "tomatoes are more red than apples, did you know that, Mom?" (as she looked at our fruit bowl that has both tomatoes and apples in it right now) -- and "this fan I made could be a broom, or a fan, just from how I fold it, did you know, Mom?" -- and other similar "interesting" bits.

I gave her my occasional, mmm hmm... and halfway looked up to see what she was referring to a couple of times, as I tried to get beans on the stove, and leftover noodles reheated in the microwave. Obviously, I wasn't listening very well, when she stopped talking, paused for my answer (which didn't come), and then said, "Mom?? Do you EVEN know what I'm talking about??!"

Caught. I had no clue what last gems she'd just passed out to me, so I started to come clean. I was about to apologize and give her my full undivided attention.

But before I could say anything, she gave a big sigh and said, "Well, I really don't think you know what I'm talking about. But I know what I'm talking about."

A pause, then, mainly to herself, in a matter-of-fact voice, "I'm talking about... um. I'm talking about... Well, I'm talking about whatever it is I'm talking about."

Boy. Glad I didn't interrupt that one! She obviously knew JUST what she was talking about! No help from Mom. She comes up with some good ones, for sure!

4 comments:

Karen said...

How cute!! I love the cute things that that Sammie girl says!! She's so sweet! Love, Non

Mel said...

Saved! So cute.

Lhone said...

HA! I KNOW these little ones know what they are talking about. I wish I knew more about what they were talking about sometimes too.

Anonymous said...

muito bom!