Saturday, September 22, 2012

Update

It is time to write some more, before there is no time to write. But truth be told, I am not really in a writing mood. I should have written two nights ago when I was in the mood. But well...

Six days left, and counting. We are officially in the packing and dejunking phase of this move. The yucky phase where I'd really like to fast-forward a week and be already gone. Today we packed seven or eight boxes, sold $80 worth of stuff on craigslist, and took long naps because both Brian and I seem to be catching something. Our poor children are underfoot, wishing we could seize the last moments and do something FUN this weekend instead of just packing and organizing. Don't feel too sorry for them... we've spent A LOT of time playing lately, and we'll be playing some more on our way home. So they'll have their time soon enough.

Last week my parents came for one last visit. It was so much fun to have them here. They came for a visit shortly after we moved in, and now again as we're on our way out. I want to post pics from their trip, so I'll save that update for later.

For now, just thought I'd put up a short shout-out and say, hey! we're still here! For six more days. Then we'll be on our two-week tour across the country. Oh, how lovely will that be?! We were first thinking of going through Montreal and Michigan and North Dakota -- the northern route. But I think we've changed our minds... We're now thinking of taking the southern route -- by way of Mississippi and the Grand Canyon. Makes sense, right? You think I'm joking about this plan, I'm sure. I even sometimes think we should be joking. But we're not. We decided to put some more states on our maps of "where we've been" -- Alabama and Mississippi for me, plus Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Tennessee for Brian, and Texas and New Mexico for the kids. Gotta get those lower 48 covered!! Wish us luck.

The next few days will consist of lots of packing tape, cardboard, and craigslisting... and bored, television-watching children. Oh the joys!!


3 comments:

Karen said...

I see you just barely posted this, Kam, and I'm glad to see that you took the time to do so. This morning I put about 30 minutes into writing a 4 or 5 paragraph 'comment' on your "Labor Day" post, and I couldn't BELIEVE it, but I somehow pushed a wrong thing and wiped it all out!!

This is fun to hear your Southern Route plans! Love, Mom

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Kamber, I'm glad you're surviving. I know the feeling of wishing you could fast forward a week and be done with packing and de-junking and all of that yuck. It'll go by so fast and before you know it you'll be touring the southern states! :) Aftyn has been requesting for a few days now that we too move back to Idaho. I guess I shouldn't have told her until you moved that you were moving. Live and learn?

Travis and Jana said...

Hey, if you're going to the grand canyon, are you coming a little further south to Phoenix??? If you are, we'd LOVE to see you!