Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Cute Kids

This past Sunday was our church's primary program, where all the children sing and share scriptures, stories, personal experiences, etc. during the Sacrament Meeting hour. It took a lot of work to get everything organized, but we had a really nice program, and the kids all did a great job. I especially loved seeing MY cute kids be a part of it all. They were so cute and sweet, and said their parts really well. After it was over, I took some pictures of them, all spiffed up in their Sunday best....

Samantha had the idea to take some two-sibling shots, so we did. This one of Spence and Natalie is so cute to me...

And, a cute "sisters" picture...

And, some individual shots. Natalie would not keep her dress down. It's kind of one of her "things" we're working on, sometimes not very successfully. :) Look at that eager smile...

Our little Sammie Sue. She's wearing her baptism dress, even though it's still a couple more months before she will be old enough...

 Spencer, all decked out in his suit. Daddy had to be really persuasive to get him to wear a suit -- it's just not Spencer's thing right now. But I thought he looked so super handsome! We'll see if we can get more than one wearing out of the cute suit while it fits him, eh? ;)

And, of course, the photo shoot ended like this...

Samantha is old enough that she can be baptized by the end of this year -- once she turns 8! Her class consists of five or six little girls, all 7 or 8 years old. They each talked about the importance of baptism, and then they sang a sweet song about baptism, just the five girls, all in their little white dresses. It was really sweet and touching. We had them pose for a picture after, so cute...

That's all there is to share about the primary program, unless you want to hear about me being the lucky "helper" who got to sit my pregnant self right by the podium for the whole meeting, helping each child say his or her part into the microphone. Or, if you want to hear about how I stayed up till 1 a.m. making rice krispie treats for all 80 kids as a "thank you" for participating? Or, if you'd like to hear about how I carefully reformatted the program with bigger print, bold highlighted names, sleeve protectors, etc, so the children could read it more easily -- and then how I FORGOT it at home and had to go screeching back to the house to get it 3 mins before the meeting started? Or how I also got volunteered to lead the music, kinda last minute? Or, how nice it was for Brian's parents to come sit with our kids (and watch the program), since both Brian and I were up on the stand for the whole meeting?? Yep, it's been fun being in the primary! :)

Here's one last picture from last night. Brian and the kids went to visit our neighbor for a few minutes while I was at a meeting, and she took this sweet picture of my cuties and their Daddy. I love them all! :)

Oh, and one other thing I'd like to remember from Sunday... Brian didn't have any early-morning meetings, so he got to be HOME with us for once, all the way until it was time to go to church. It was heavenly! He's only been part of the bishopric for three months now, but it's been long enough for me (and him) to really appreciate a little break for some family time. We had a delicious ham-n-egg breakfast casserole that I had assembled the night before. And we leisurely took our time getting ourselves and the kids ready for our 11 a.m. meeting. It was sooo nice to have Brian home, and have his help getting us all ready and out the door! It didn't even get chaotic until the very end, when I was rushing around doing last-minute program stuff right before we headed out. :) Here's to being grateful for what I used to take for granted! ;) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Kam--what a nice, NICE Sunday you had!! How BEAUTIFUL the kids look!! Isn't that a sweet idea to have all those little girls in WHITE?! Goodness--you don't seem to be Pregnant at all!! Just extremely ORGANIZED!! Wow--a breakfast casserole made the night before?? Everything's so wonderful sounding!! I'm proud of you, Babe!! Love, Mom

Travis and Jana said...

Congrats on the Bishopric call. I don't envy you making it through those sacrament meetings but it is a neat experience. I can't say I miss it though!