
After our trip home for Christmas, Brian took one more week off work so we could enjoy a relaxing getaway to Southern Spain. We flew into Granada and spent time in Cordoba and Malaga as well. It was soooo nice to relax, to be on the beach, to sit in the sun! We really loved everything we saw and did there. We visited some of the most gorgeous ruins from the 12th and 13th centuries... mosques and palaces built by the Moorish people who used to live there before the Crusades in the 14th century. It was all just gorgeous!!
I want to write pages about every place we visited and everything we did. But not right now, unfortunately. We are in the process of moving to a new flat this week, so I should technically be packing boxes right this very second instead of writing a blog. (shame on me!) Well, so I'm just adding a brief intro here, then I'll add more pictures and commentary later on.
Here's the fantastic view from our hotel in Malaga. We stayed there two nights and relaxed on the beach and by the pool. (actually, Brian relaxed by the pool, and I relaxed in our room since I forgot my suit and Samantha's, of all things!)

Here's Brian outside of one of the palaces at Alhambra in Granada. It was seriously one of the most fascinating, beautiful places I've ever seen. I'll add more picts of the place later.

And here's Brian and Samantha with part of the Alhambra complex in the background. Keep in mind it's January, and just imagine what this place must look like in the middle of the summer! Even being January, it was still quite lush and green.
4 comments:
Kamber, those pictures are all so cute! We miss you guys here, Ella is still talking lots about Aunt Kamber. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Spain and got a chance to relax. Spain looks beautiful! In that first picure of you and Samantha, you look quite pretty! I really like your perm. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the moving, yuck! I'm sure it will be nice though when it is all said and done.
Um, you look gorgeous in Spain! That picture is a beauty! Spain also looks good. How fun to be in the sun and on the beach after the cold of Idaho and Utah. I'm glad Samantha is such a good traveler for you. I'm also glad you all had such a great time together . . . relaxing! Now back to work! Get packing!
Wow! Thanks so much for the compliments... I think it was a good hair day, or something? (which is surprising since I couldn't bring mousse on the plane and I didn't have any gel). Anyway, thanks.
I too, Kam, really liked all these pictures you've posted---and I really love that picture of you and Sammi on top of the gorge. (I prinited it out and am taking it with me to Boise!!) THe valley BELOW the city looks absolutely gorgeous!! (Hey---maybe that's where the 'gorge' word comes from!) :) hmmmm.....
Anyway--I'm glad to hear you got all your packing done and your MOVE is totally completed at this point, and you LOVE where you are!! (It's Monday Jan 15th as I write this.)
I've got 4 pictures of Sammi hanging o the fridge now, and I'm going to have to hurry and get some more of Tristan and Ryan!! (private joke :))
Know that you three Londoners are VERY loved!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment