Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Walk Like an Egyptian!

Ahem... have I mentioned we're going to EGYPT??!?! yeayaayay! Brian has been talking about planning a trip to Cairo ever since we got married. It's finally happening and we're finally putting together all the details. As you can imagine, we're very excited about this, especially Brian! Talk about easy to plan, when Brian already knows everything we should see and do, and how to get around. (Remember, he lived there for a year before we ever met.) He's eager to share some of his past with me, and I'm very curious and excited to see it all.

So, the plan is to fly to Cairo for Easter week, meeting up with my brother and sister-in-law, who are fulfilling their own lifelong dreams by joining us for the trip (Lisa cried for joy -- literally-- when she heard they got their tickets). We'll see the pyramids and ruins in Cairo, then go to Luxor and possibly Aswan. We might throw in a trip to Alexandria, or possibly a hike up Mt. Sinai, or a trip to an owasis, if time permits. For those who don't know the geography behind the names I've just thrown out there, don't worry -- I didn't either until we started making plans!

We just wanted to share the exciting news, since it's a top priority for us right now and we're very excited about it! My only question is... will Samantha like Egypt?? We'll see!

No comments: