Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fun with the Bishops

We had a great time with Brian's family! We started with 3-day camping reunion with his mom's side of the family. It was up in the Sawtooth Mountains at gorgeous Lake Alturas. We had a nice lodge, with several cabins in the woods. I'm sad to say, we hardly took any pictures at the reunion! I guess we were too busy having fun and we kept leaving the camera in the cabin. Rats! Here are the few we got...
Here's the lake, but it really doesn't do it justice because this shot was taken when the wind came up. Believe me, it was gorgeous!

We all went to the beach at Red Fish Lake, which was nearby. Brian took the kids out in this little raft, cuties. Poor Sam wasn't too happy because she got sunscreen in her eyes. But she tried to enjoy it!

On our way to the reunion, we stopped to see Mt. Borah -- the tallest peak in Idaho. Here Sam and I are standing in front of the Challis earthquake faultline from the early 1980s (Mt. Borah in the backgroud). The sign said the valley sunk by 9 feet during the quake. You can see the faultline run for miles along the bottoms of the mountains nearby. Fascinating.

The MAIN EVENT for the Bishop family was the wedding of Reed and Alysa on 7/7/07 (isn't that the coolest wedding date?!). Reed is the youngest and last to marry, so it was really an exciting time for all of us to be part of their special day.

Here's one of the whole wedding group, trying to get organized for a picture. (The Bishops are on the left, not very organized yet, hee hee.)
Some handsome boys on the wall, trying to cool themselves in a tiny bit of shade. L to R: Cooper, Tyler, John.
Family photo op for us, too!
Cutting the cake at the reception. Yum!
I have to include these cute pictures of Janice's bunch... Brian's sister, Janice, brought her own two kids, along with her step-daughter's three kids, all such cuties! They came camping, then stayed for the wedding, and for a few days after. I just thought Janice was such a trouper to be single mom to five for a week! (Her husband, Jay, had to work and could only be there for the wedding weekend.) She just took it all in stride. Here they all are, lined up in front of the temple.
Left to right: Chelby (4), Allie (4), Connor (almost 6) holding Caden (5 mos.), Caeidence (3, and I think I spelled it wrong).

1 comment:

Elieson Family said...

So fun to read your blog! I am on Michael's computer, so I didn't have your account on hand until you left a note on my blog. Looks like you guys are having fun.
How are you doing these days? Feeling any better?