Ashridge House:
We saw this place last summer when we were on a country walk. It is a huge mansion house that has been turned into a private business school. (Tuition fees for one year are 29,000 GBP = 58,000 USD.) I always wanted to go back and visit when the grounds were open because it looked so beautiful. It was/is!
Swim Time:
When we were in the US, Grandma Hone (my mom) gave Sammie a little inflatable swimming pool to take home. It's a big hit, Grandma! We spent a good part of one Saturday afternoon watching Sam enjoy her new pool. She can even say "pool," though it sounds more like "poo" right now. Cute.
Brian rigged Sam's slide so it went right into the pool. She was thrilled with the result, and would clap her hands every time she splashed into the water.

Look at those cute swimmer buns! What a cute little diaper tush.


She even invited Daddy to join her for a few minutes at the end, lucky Daddy!
At the Park:
So, these next ones aren't from a Saturday, but they are some nice-weather picts I thought would be fun to add. There is a darling little park on the heath near our house. Most the toys are wooden, like the one here. Sam loves it.

Pointing at an airplane as she swings. (She points at airplanes about every three minutes when we're outside, as that is how often planes go by when you live in London!!)
One last goodie, just because it's too funny... What a fashion statement, eh? Every time I put Sam in this little red sweater, she ends up pulling one arm out, like so...

6 comments:
John is always taking his arms out of one of his t-shirts like that.
I never went to that "mansion". And I miss them. Isn't tuition scary? In the states you think of saving for college, but there you have to save before having a child b/c you pay the steep tuition before university... go figure.
The W/D are yours - just move in next door!
It's fun to see new stuff on your blog. I'm glad you're feeling up to it. I'm also glad you're managing to get out and do some fun things despite the constant nausea. I love all of the picts! How fun for Sam to have a pool of her very own in her backyard. We were very happy to see the ultrasound pictures! I love to look at ultrasound pictures. So happy to hear everything looks healthy and normal. Hope you're feeling some better, hang in there.
What fun. It looks like you guys have been out having a good time despite you feeling so sick. Good for you! Lounging on that blanket with a picnic in the beautiful gardens looks wonderful! I also love Sam's flash back to the 80s. Like mother, like daughter huh? Are you sure she's not just copying you?
Hey Kam--Cute pictures!! I'm glad you finally found the time (and energy!!) to put these on your blog. You know, those pictures of that big Ashbury building---(or whatever it was called...)?? You said you went there "last summer", but indeed it was only a couple months ago. Evidently, it must feel to you like as if summer is OVER!! It certainly isn't over HERE!!
I'm glad Sammie has had a chance to enjoy using her little pool, and putting that slide up there like that was sure a good idea! She's such a cutie.
I'm wondering, by the way, if you took time out yesterday to take pictures of that little 'cutie' when she was all decked out in her 'self-painted' newly polished TOES?? (I bet you didn't even THINK of it, eh??!) I told my cousin Becky about her blood-red nail-polish experience and we got a good laugh out of it! Sorry you had to work so hard at the foot-print clean-up, though!! Love, Mom
I love your blog! I am sad to see that Samantha is growing up without us. But at least your are keeping us posted. I finally started my blog. You'll have to check it out.
amandastevebishop@blogspot.com
love,
Amanda
Kam, Samantha is so cute. Her off the shoulder picture is so 80's! Congats on the coming baby! I've been meaning to email you or something but I'm reading your blog now and am commenting instead. I'm so excited for you guys! Yipee! Yipee!
Post a Comment