Thursday, September 20, 2007

A few pictures and words...

Our baby girl is growing up! Hard to believe she's 21 months already. Just three more months and she'll be TWO!! We haven't takend tons of pictures lately, but I thought I'd share just a few of our cutie...

Here she is modelling yet another attempt to strip while sleeping. Ever since that morning we found her "in the buff," she's been quite aggressive about trying to get those jammies off!
A couple shots of her last swim in the pool. Sadly, it was only her THIRD swim of the summer. It's just been too cold here, ALL SUMMER LONG! We put a few inches in the bottom last Saturday and let her play around since it was technically a "warm" day. Then, on Monday, I spent a few hours packing up all her little summer clothes from her dresser -- shorts and t-shirts that she only wore once or twice. Sigh.
In this one, below, she is saying the word "pool," very excitedly! She says it almost every day, and points to the hose for me to fill it up. No way, Jose'! It's tooooo cold.
Below, Sam models the "hair dilemma." I've been trying to figure out what to do with Sammie's hair... for SEVERAL months now, sigh. I cut just a few bangs for the front, but the rest just flops in her eyes anyway, making it very hard for her to see. I use clips, barrets and rubber bands, but her hair just escapes and ends up looking WILD within just a couple of hours.
At breakfast, she has to lift her head up high to see out from under her hair, poor thing. Any suggestions, other mothers??
It's harder to get Sam to pose these days. She'll do something really cute, and then we pull out the camera and she usually stops or gets really distracted. Here, she is dancing to the beat on the piano. We tried and tried to get it on video, but every time the camera was rolling, she immediately stopped.
So, a couple months ago on Alicia's blog, she made a list of all the words Brielle can say. It made me start wondering how many words Sam knows, so I started making a list last weekend. Just thought it would be fun to share our list, for those who don't hear her very often. (Disclaimer: it's true that some of these words are only really clear to me-- and sometimes Brian. But I include them, anyway, and let's hope she gets easier to understand in the future.)

Food and meal time: Cereal, spoon, fork, bib, tray, chair, buckle, bowl, chip, juice, apple, orange, banana (nana), snack, dip, cheese, hotdog (dah dag), all done, all gone, water (wah wah), bottle (bah bah), cup, num num (for candy), cup cup (for cookie or cake)

Toys and books: toy, ball, book, read, boat, stool, plane, moon, sun, sing (la la), bag, baby, elmo, dora, train (choo choo), car, tractor, doodle (for magnadoodle), pen, crayon, color (she says that for colored pencils, as well as when she wants to color)

Animals: cow (usually moo-moo), pig (she makes the funniest little snorting noise), dog, monkey (ee-ee), turtle, bunny (usually hop-hop), sheep, lion (raahrr), bear (also raahrr a lot of times), duck, turkey (gobble), frog (she tries to ribbet sometimes)

People, places, and body parts: Mamma, mommy, Daddy (she still reverts to Dad-ng a lot), grandma (bomba), grandpa (bompa), Abby (she calls Abby at all hours, even when she hasn't seen Abby for days), house, inside, outside, bus, eyes, ears, nose, belly, feet, toes (she knows lots more body parts, but these are the ones she actually says)

Around the house, clothes, etc: hot, cold, coat, pants, shoes, socks, jacket, bye-bye, go, out, door, bed, sleep, night-night, blanket, no, yeah (still doesn't say yes, and rarely says yeah), stuck (she says this because she often gets herself "stuck" in odd places around the house), hi, uh-oh, more, bath, poo-poo, wet, wee-wee (I don't think I taught her that?), stinky, diaper, dirty (sounds like "dooey"), clean, help, movie (sounds like "mooey"), mine (seems to be a favorite when friends are here!)

Some cute combos: Daddy go bye-bye (she says this every morning, but when Brian was gone to NY, after the second day she started saying "Daddy all gone" instead!), Mamma's book, no no no night-night, read book, Abby house, car go outside (she wants to go in the car somewhere)

Some songs she spontaneously sings by herself: Twinkle Twinkle; ABCs; Row, row, row your boat; Old McDonald; Mary had a little lamb; Are you sleeping; See the little bunnies (it's an English tune); Wheels on the bus; Five little ducks; Once there was a snowman

Okay, so that's all I can think of right now. What a talker, eh?! We love to hear her words.

4 comments:

the House of Payne said...

Too cold for the pool? No such thing. She's just a polar bear cub, that's all.

Anonymous said...

All of the pictures of Sam are so cute! It's the craziest thing, in the kind of close up picture of her where she's reaching up with one arm (the 4th one down), she looks so much like Eden! I see it in her mouth and nose, I had to do a double take. Sorry I don't have any good hair advice for you to help with Samantha's hair dilemma. I guess that's what happens when you're the mother of 3 boys and only 1 girl. Ella took forever to get any hair at all, but it did go through a "funny" stage until it was long enough and I just cut it all one length. I think Sam's bangs are cute. She is getting A LOT of hair!

Elieson Family said...

I'm telling you Kamber, you HAVE got to take a holiday to one of those centerparcs places I was talking of out there. She would have a BLAST in the water parks - and you and Brian would too!!!
The hair - I had to put two small "rubber" rubber-bands in Salem's hair so she looked like a puppy. And you just have to re-do it every hour or so. Now, Salem just pulls her hair out when she feels done...
Samantha is totally talking! I wish I could hear her! When will you guys visit us?

Anonymous said...

Wow--what a lot of words she can say!! I hear her say some of them every once in awhile when I'm on the phone talking with you, and I can hardly WAIT to hear her 'in person'! And what cute pictures! She has a nice head of hair and I'm sorry I have no advice for you. I had a hard enough time figuring out what to do with YOUR hair when you were little! Remember those little pink rollers?? They worked pretty nicely, and Brittany sure likes having 'em in HER hair these days.

One cute thing I think you oughta mention sometime, Kam, is how smart she is now that you're trying to get her to go to her room to do her crying. I heard her the other day start to cry when you told her she couldn't play in one of those kitchen drawers, and when you said "Ok, go cry in your room", I heard her abruptly stop her bawling, and in sniffly tones say, "All done". That was SO CUTE! She's SUPER SMART!! (Love, Mom)