I guess our little episode earlier in the week has made me start thinking about this baby's arrival a bit more. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened since I last wrote. But every little strange movement or "contraction" is noted and I find myself wondering if I'm going to have this boy before March 8th. Probably the anticipation means he won't come until the middle of March, but right now it's interesting to track any little changes I sense. This whole baby business is so unpredictable. Wouldn't it be nice if the official arrival date started becoming visible in red ink on the front of the stomach during the last month or so of pregnancy??
On Friday, I went for an ultrasound scan, just to make sure everything was okay after the hospital stay. All clear, and looking great. Samantha was curious to see "mama's baby" on the screen, and I loved watching his cute little profile, and his amazing little heart beat. What a miracle to see this little person grow. (I have pictures of him from the scan, but unfortunately they got left at a friend's house in Sammie's backpack yesterday... will post here soon.)
We found out our little boy now weighs about 6 pounds, 1 ounce! That's a big boy, considering he still has nearly 6 weeks to go to estimated arrival. (Maybe that's what makes me hope he'll come a little ahead of schedule.)
While I was being scanned, the technician couldn't get a great read on part of the heart. She seemed a little concerned, so I was getting a bit nervous, too. Conveniently, the fetal cardioligist technician just happened to be there right then, so he also took a quick scan to make sure everything was fine. That second scan of the heart was amazing! He got some really good close up shots of the heart chambers, all pumping so fast and perfectly. That was wonderful to watch! I love the feeling of knowing this little person is so developed, with all he'll need for life. Even though being pregnant is not exactly enjoyable, the reality of helping to make another little person does make it so exciting and worth it!
Still no name yet... we've ruled out Carlos, Rodrigo, and Raul, thanks to Brian's latest list of "maybes. " ha!
Oh, and I do still plan to put up a few more pictures and details from our Portugal trip, when I get time (hopefully before it's waaaay too old to share).
4 comments:
okay, so he weighs 6 pounds... he's not coming early, he's just a Hone. These monsters! You are going to break the record and have a 10 pounder! Good luck with that!
Hey Kam--Thanks for writing. I was thinking about you this evening and wishing we could talk. It's too bad that our "times" are seven hours apart!! It's Tuesday night, 8 p.m., your dad's at his first official bishopric meeting, and I'd love to be able to talk with you uninterrupted--(with no 'Warden' around, if ya know what I mean...) :) But it's 3 a.m. for YOU, so I'll just WRITE, instead!!
I DO wish this new little guy would come for you about 3 weeks EARLY---so he wouldn't get so BIG and turn into a 10 pounder!! Poor Lisa certainly knows about those BIG Hone babies--with her last 'little one' being 9 lbs. 4 oz.!! And Melissa knows, TOO, with her last one being 9 lbs. 5 oz. So if there's any way your doctor will take Baby Boy Bishop a bit EARLY, it sure would be wonderful!! It's good to hear from you, Babe, and good you have such an "up" attitude about things! Love, Mom
Kam, It seems I always wait a couple o weeks, then 'catch up' on all the goodness of the goings on in Europa with your family.
So sorry you had to do a hospital visit! Your pics of Samantha are treasures, and that little video of her saying her cute words and phrases that she knows had me grinning a silly grin the whole way through.
thanks for posting! Lots of love from me to ye!
- Wade
Hiro! That's a good name for a baby. Especially a Japanese baby. And unless I am mistaken, you and Brian are Japanese, right?
Post a Comment