Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Just an Update

Hello. I keep meaning to write... something, anything. It just isn't happening. I guess it's probably just me being tired at the end of this pregnancy. Well, so this will be a short update, just because I'm feeling bad to be so negligent. (sigh) Here's a short list of what we've been up to lately, nothing too exciting. (Sorry, no pictures)
  • Brian and I had a real DATE last week, wahoo! I'm not sure when we last went out on a date, but it's been awhile. We went to see the broadway musical of The Sound of Music. We LOVED it! Great cast, great energy, and (of course we all know) it's a great story.
  • Samantha has started paying a lot more attention to emotions lately -- Mama sad, Daddy happy, Noah sad, etc. It's really cute to see her realize people react differently at different times. Today when I was frustrated that I lost a 10 pound note (as in money) while we walked around town, Sam kept turning around in the stroller to look at me and tell me, "Mama sad."
  • Brian's cousin and her husband are staying with us this week, along with their two kids. It's always nice to have guests and hear about/see London through a slightly different perspective. They have a 6-month-old boy with reddish hair -- adorable! Makes me wonder if this second baby will be a redhead.
  • I got my hair cut last week (it REALLY needed it), and also got fun highlights put in. I was a model for a student who just qualified for her license. Very interesting. I've never done that before, but it turned out okay. She had a really good supervisor, thank goodness.
  • This baby is still kicking -- just a month left to D-day. I'm getting really heavy now, harder to walk around. I'm very grateful for a few good hours of sleep each night, and I feel like I'm clinging to my Sammie time right now. She is really cuddly and loves spending time being my little friend and helper. Today, she carried my handbag into the house and put it on my bed, then came to show me how she had "helped Mama." I praised her and thanked her for being my good little helper to which she replied, "Sammie nice." What a sweetheart. I hope we can still find good quality time once this new little one comes.
  • We're having a primary party for the children at church for Valentines day on Saturday, the 16th. It's going to be at our house. It should be a fun time... if I have enough energy and don't have a baby yet! :)

Any bets as to when baby #2 will come?? Bye for now!

3 comments:

Lhone said...

I know what you mean! Our little BJ is going to HATE having a baby around. I am so worried. He HATES when I hold Brittany on my lap, but when there is a little guy needed to eat or get changed, or whatever, he is going to freak out! Poor kid.

But, one advice I can give is that no matter how many kids you have, you'll have to spend some one on one time with each of them. We have tried to do that more now, and our kids love it. And, now that I have been down, they REALLY miss their time with mom. We now do things sitting on the bed.

the House of Payne said...

Hooray for updates!

And dates!

Dalana and Mark said...

Thanks for the update, Kamber. How fun that you got some highlights in your hair, you'll have to post a picture. That's cute that Sam is learning about feelings. They are so fun at this age, I know Seth is. We're keeping you and baby in our prayers and are anxiously awaiting his arrival, as we're sure you are too.