
The last day of Brian's paternity leave, we decided to get out of the house and do something memorable. We went to see Hever Castle -- where Anne Bolelyn grew up. What an impressive place!! We couldn't take pictures of the inside, but here are some great shots of the gardens and grounds -- some of the best we've seen over here...


Samantha took her sweet time crossing the drawbridge over the moat. There were slats in between the planks, and she could see the water below (see second picture of my foot for an illustration of the width of the slats). She carefully stepped from board to board, without letting her foot go over the area where there was water. It took us about 3-4 minutes to cross, holding hands together.


Brian had the camera, so most of these pictures are of me and Sam, rather than him and Spencer.


I love this one below, where Sam is saying "cheese" and smiling for all she's worth, looking way off instead of facing the camera. We get that a lot these days.




They have a gorgeous lake with canoes for rent, and a really pretty island you can paddle to... we opted not to, but just think how romantic that could be, just you and your honey. sigh.

As most of you know, Brian got four weeks off work for paternity leave after Spencer was born. What a luxury, and also what a blessing for us! It was soooo wonderful to have him at home with Sammie while Spencer and I were in the hospital those first few days. Then, it was soooo nice to have him at home when I got home with a NEWBORN. And then, it was great that he had time off to spend with his parents while they were here. And most important, I'm SOOO glad he was at home with us when I had that unexpected hospital stay and long recovery. (Still not 100% yet, but getting close now -- a month later.) So, happy celebration of his paternity leave!! yay!
3 comments:
Oh Kam, what pretty GROUNDS that castle had!! I'm sure glad you four were all able to take that little trip. I LOVE the way everything stays so beautifully GREEN over there!! (And I love the way you've lost your weight down so nicely like you have!!)
I'm sure glad that you felt up to GOING!! Since I got back home from being there in London with you, I've been telling people that you are doing GREAT--that you're almost completely back to normal. I think it's such a wonderful blessing that you recovered so quickly like you have!
Thanks for taking the time to put in these posts....I eagerly look forward to the ones you put in about US being there--and the fun castle WE saw, (but you can do without any pictures of this 'big mama' if you want to....I'd feel lots better not seeing ME up on the screen!) :) Love, Mom
Wow, I go to check your blog and find a bunch of new posts! That was fun. Thanks!
It's so fun that you get to see all these places while you're living in England. I would love to come over there and see all that stuff someday.
Lori Lyn
Post a Comment