Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little Miss Mischief

We've known from pretty early on that we have a very active little Samantha girl. Well, it continues! She is quite "spirited" -- to borrow a word from Brian's cousin. With the arrival of Spencer, Sammie has really started to test her limits and get even more adventurous and mischievious in her little routines.
Examples:
This morning, Sam got into several different items that she knows NOT to get into, including: the fabric softener drawer on the washer (smearing residue all over her hands and arms, the television set, and the living room window); the Johnson's baby shampoo (pretending to "wash" her face and hands with it); the cereal (which she spread over the counter and floor as she got herself a handful); Spencer's special baby shampoo (which she tried to EAT). Those were all between 10a.m and noon, and YES I was trying my best to watch her, amid putting away groceries, blogging, feeding Spencer and doing laundry.

Yesterday it was white-out and vasoline... In a matter of ten minutes while I was on the couch feeding Spencer, she had gone into Daddy's office and painted her eyelids and eyelashes with white-out, along with a nice white mustache and white toes. She also went into our bedroom, got a chair and climbed up to the chest of drawers to get the vasoline, which she smeared all over her cheeks, hands, arms and hair. Then she proudly came out to show me the handful of vasoline she was using to "wash a hands" with "mommy cream."

There's plenty more from last week... the sponge from the mop that she tore into itty bitty pieces all over her bedroom floor (a big mess now that our vacuum is broken, not to mention DISGUSTING!), the little pebbles that are outside our front door that she brings in by the handful to roll down the stairs into the hallway (ouch! they really hurt to step on!), the red marker on the couch cushions (again, YES, I was trying my hardest to watch her closely while letting her play with markers at the kitchen table). The list goes on.

Whew! I don't have pictures of these incidents because I'm really, really trying not to encourage her. When she had the white-out everywhere, I stood her on our bed to look in the big mirror at how awful it looked. She saw herself and immediately started laughing, "Sammie look funny!!" I had a hard time keeping a straight face, telling her this is NOT funny at ALL. But I admit, it was pretty funny. She still has remnants of it in her lashes, two days later, poor thing.

Anyway, I know we're supposed to cherish these days when they're so little, because they grow up so fast. I do try to laugh when I can. But I'm also hoping the "into everything" phase is on its way out??

4 comments:

Tiffney said...

Kam.... that's adorable!! I know you're tearing your hair out, but how hysterical!! Sammie is such a sweetie!! I wish I could come out there again to visit. Maybe when you guys live closer. :D I love this blog stuff because it keeps us in touch better!!

Love ya!

ManicMandee said...

Classic. It's just the beginning. She's so cute!

Lhone said...

welcome to my h**L

I know people say to enjoy it and it'll all be over so fast, but really, right now...its not fast enough.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for YOU, Kam!! Sammie is a little DOLL, and she's SO sweet and loveable, but I feel bad for YOU that she has such a "curious nature"!! (and such a 'mind of her own'!) I've seen her in action, and I know she's definitely a handful.

I was hoping that Spencer would come into your life as a peaceful, contented, meek and mild child, but he's not exactly THAT yet, so...GOOD LUCK! :) ( I do admit that HE's really sweet and loveable, too, even though he DOES run you rag-ged!!) They'll likely BOTH calm down pretty soon, and life will be slower-paced for you, but meanwhile--just keep enjoying every moment that you CAN!! I like your good attitude!! Love, Mom