-- Riding the bus downtown to visit the National Gallery (no photos allowed in the museum). I ended up feeding Spencer most of the time while they looked at paintings and Sammie ran circles around Bamma Karen (my mom's new name!) with her monkey leash. I just loved the fact that we got out together -- it can be done, even with two kids. :)
-- Watching Sammie pester Bamma Karen and Bampa Dennis to read her one story after another.
-- Walking on the Heath the night before they left, just watching Sammie roam, wheeling Spencer in the stroller, and enjoying being together.
-- Looking at the gorgeous bouquet of roses they bought for us the night before they left. What a nice parting gift! I think of my parents every time I see the roses on our kitchen table.
I'm sure they'd mention other highlights, as they took some time to go see some of the London sites, while the kids and I were lounging and napping at home. I'm glad they were able to go see and do, but mainly, I'm just so happy they came to see us and spend time with us. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!
2 comments:
That is a BEAUTIFUL castle. Wow! I'm so glad that your parents got to come and visit! Now that my parents are going away on their mission very shortly, every time I see them I feel that I need to enjoy it and remember it more, since it will have to last for 18 months.
Oh Kam--This post is SO GREAT!! THank you SO MUCH for high-lighting some of these things like this. It was SO FUN being there with you! To see your living room and the dining table and deck and stuff, makes tears come to my eyes this morning to think that we're not still there!!
It is INDEED wonderful to be able to identify with your home, your neighborhood, your Sainsbury grocery store and all the special parts of your life that you are enjoying right now. I'm just sorry we didn't come to visit you in that location SOONER!!
I love the FEELINGS I have as I reflect back on that fantastic time we had while we were there with you. It was just heavenly! Part of it, I think, comes with being in the presence of that tiny new baby who just arrived here on this earth. And then getting to actually be with YOU, my Kamalaine, pleased me so very much. I sure do love you and appreciate you! (Being with Brian and Sammie certainly added to my 'special feelings' TOO!) And your Dad has told everyone what a wonderful GREAT time HE had there. We just LOVED our whole visit!! Thanks so very much for EVERYTHING, Kam. And thanks for doing a little synopsis of it here! Love, Mom
Post a Comment