Thursday, June 05, 2008

Announcing the MOVE!!

Selling furniture + one-way tickets + giving notice + buying a house = WE'RE MOVING TO IDAHO.

That's right, folks. The Bishop family is on the move. I know it's probably old news to many of you. But I have been sooooo excited to make this announcement. I had to wait and wait until it was "safe" to spread the news. Finally, today is our day! We're saying goodbye to London and moving to Caldwell, Idaho -- just outside of Boise.

We closed on our house today, our very first house! And this is what it looks like...




We're very, very excited to be moving home, putting out roots, getting closer to family, reconnecting with our Idaho heritage, etc. Yay! Buying a house via internet is quite an experience -- can hardly wait to see what it really looks like. Who would have thought the BIGGEST purchase of our life would be sight-unseen?! (Thankfully, Brian's family has done the "walk-through" for us several times over!)

As you can imagine, we've been quite busy here with all the "final" details as we get ready for our move. Our departure date is July 14 -- less than six weeks left now. We're starting the cleaning and packing process, selling off whatever we can, and trying to squeeze in all our "lasts" in England. I'm sure it will be one big whirlwind, gone before we know it. So, wish us luck and feel free to come visit us in Caldwell (maybe not so exotic as London, but we promise the Bishop's B&B will still offer great hospitality and good company)!

11 comments:

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Kam,
Wow, how exciting! I love this house. I can totally picture you and your cute little family living here and loving it. Think of the memories you will create here. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to come visit you in Idaho.

Love,
Kerri

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

We are so excited for you guys to be back in Idaho! If you need help moving in, we're glad to help! :) Especially if it means you'll be living close. . .

TXlaps said...

Congrats Kamber!! That is sooo exciting! We are excited to have you closer again - and your new house looks beautiful! You do good work with online shopping. :) Good luck with all the packing, etc.!

Randi said...

Dearest Kamboni,

Sweet! I can't wait to have you in the next time zone. Maybe now we can be friends again?

Your house looks gorgeous! Wish I could help you move. I bet it's going to be a huge pain. (You know me! Always looking for that silver lining!)

Love you!

Lhone said...

Wow, that looks nice. Its still too far from us. Maybe you could pick it up and transport it to morgan?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamber,

Long time no see! Your house looks great! I hope you and Brian are well. How's little Sam?

I'm now living in France. Would love to get back in touch. Have you been in contact with anyone at King's? Do you have an email address?

x

Wara

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys--WONDERFUL NEWS!! We're delighted to be able to have you finally OFFICIALLY announce your monumental news that finally came together! We're SO GLAD the closing took place so that there's truly no hitches!!

We look forward to seeing you SOON Love, Mom

Rebecca said...

Kamber! i love the house! Yes, i can imagine that buying it over the Internet would be a little unsettling, but the pictures are so cute!!
Good luck with the move!

Becca

amber and james said...

Yahoo! Maybe now we can start being able to live the dream we had as teens to move next door and hang out all day! Well, maybe not! At least we can be in the same state! I love, love your new house, so nice! I need a tub like that so bad! We would love to come visit since we didn't make it to London! Sorry, it was just too far to drive there! (p.s. I really know that you can't drive to London, I am not being blond)

Elieson Family said...

So excited for you guys! You will love it at first, then be a little sad for 6 months or so, and then get into it for good! Personally, I love celebrating holidays like everyone else - that's my favorite part. Welcome home y'all!

Jeni said...

I LOVE this house. What are you going to do with yourself..I mean, a real yard, sunshine, Walmart supercenters AND good food? I'm excited your getting back to the good ol' USA. There's no place like home. If we get stationed at Moutainhome AFB, maybe that will be sort of close??