Monday, June 16, 2008

A Poem for Sammie

I have no play date for today,
For all my friends are gone away.
I'll have to do things on my own,
And play with Mama here at home.
So, where are all my friends today?
The airplane took them far away.

Lizzie is in Italy, maybe close to Rome?
I know because when we stopped by her house, she wasn't home.
Noah's off to Austria, to see the Alps, I guess.
He will not see my braids today, or my princess dress.

Other Sam and Abby are in Germany today.
They'll be in Istanbul next week, I heard Mama say.

Ian's just across the Heath, which isn't far to go.
But when I'm cross we tend to fight, so Ian is a "no."
I guess I'll have to play alone, or play with Spencer -Pants.
But don't worry, when my friends come back ....
I will be in FRANCE!


It's true, all Samantha's little friends are in the places listed in her poem. I just thought it's too funny that so many of our friends are out of the country today. How often is it that we'll get to say "Oh, I can't play with Abby today because she's in Berlin." Or, "Lizzie and Jamie are in Italy this week so we won't be able to go to their house." Livin' the international life, eh?!

Oh, and yes, we are going to France this coming weekend -- our last little road trip. Wish us well. Here's a little video of Spencer in his car seat after our last weekend-trip...

6 comments:

Lhone said...

I wonder if Sammie will think her friends in boise are boring? They've not only not been to Italy, they probably won't have HEARD of Italy. And poor Spencer doesn't realize he moved in to a traveling family. He better get used to it! His crying made Bryson cry. He feels his pain.

ManicMandee said...

That is such a cute little poem! Good job Kamber.
And poor little Spencer. You mock his pain! Just crying and screaming while you record his misery.
Just kidding.
Hopefully he'll get over that travel cry before you have to fly here. That could make for an interesting trip!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Wow! Spencer is NOT HAPPY! :) Have you thought about nyquil for the plane trip back? Just kidding.

Dalana and Mark said...

How fun to read all of your posts. That is quite the poem Kamber, very nice work! The kids are looking so cute these days, Spencer is looking so old. Seth hated his car seat at first, so I can sympathize w/ you. He eventually got better, so I hope the same happens for Spencer! Have so much fun in France! I need to call you.

amber and james said...

Very good poem! Yes, I am jealous! I want to go to Italy, England, and Ireland! Idaho just isn't that exciting. Uh...maybe I had better take that back before you change your mind about moving back. There's always swimming in the canals and T.P.ing right? Are our kids going to be allowed to do that stuff?

Joyce said...

Wow Kamber, you out-did me in the poetry department. Nice poem. You are a good poet. Love the pics of Regents Park too!