Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Quick, it's working!

You may have noticed I haven't been blogging lately. Or maybe you've given up on me altogether? I wouldn't blame you, as I've just about given up myself. It's this darned internet connection. I called again today to get more help. First they told me to do the same we tried earlier this week. No dice, again. Then the guy tried to transfer me and hung up on me instead. Second call, the guy told me our account is registered to the company that was bought out by the new company (over 6 months ago) so he couldn't help me but he'd get someone to call me back this afternoon. Of course, no one called me back so I called again tonight. Guy #3 looked up my information and said, "I'm sorry, your account has been closed." WHAT?!!? Since when? And then how is it your dumb internet company is charging us 28 pounds per month for a junky service that DOESN'T EVEN WORK!??!?!

That's my story, folks. I turn on the internet, 30 seconds later it's gone. I reset it, 1 minute later it's gone. It magically works for Brian sometimes, but usually only late at night and even then it's "spotty" -- as Brian likes to say. (I think PATHETIC is more accurate.)

Anyway, no picts with this one, because I don't know how long I'll be connected. But I just wanted to send a frustrated shout out to the blogging world and let you know I still care about blogging! I've got stuff to write about, even some exciting, important stuff. It will have to come later.

The quick update:
- We're having another primary party this Saturday, big on my priority list, though I've not done much about it yet.

- We sold our dining room table and we now have a yucky outdoor patio table that is warped. It's throwing off my groove. As much as I clean our house, it just doesn't look clean with the patio table and camp chairs in here.

- Samantha encouraged me to clean out her closet today. Or in other words, she tore into all the baby clothes while it was nap time -- spreading them in all directions all over her room. When I found her, she was wearing two dresses (size 18 months and 24 months, a 12 month hat, and a pair of 6-12 month shorts). She thought she'd found an amazing treasure and could not understand why I was not impressed.

- Spencer pooped today, first time in 10 days. (I know it is not appropriate to talk about poop on my blog, but c'mon -- TEN DAYS?!?!!?) Poor little guy. I was really proud of him. He was one smelly guy at church on Sunday, kind of embarrassing to have such a gassy baby.

- Brian has been home early a lot lately. I love it. On Monday night, he came home and put the kids to bed so I could have a "girls night" going to a play downtown. It was so nice to be out, and fun to be with some great friends. But I was also somewhat wishing I was out with Brian... a great play that I'm sure he'd enjoy.

- Spencer is sleeping through the night (knock on wood for me, please). For the past few weeks, he's been having his last meal about 9 pm, then he doesn't wake until 7 or 8 a.m. Wow! Sometimes I even have to wake him, just so we stick to a good schedule. He sleeps A LOT still, like a newborn (is only awake about 6 hrs all day), but when he's awake he's really smiley and alert. I think he is just one of those babies who likes his sleep. I am not complaining. I like my sleep too!

- My back is in bad form, has been for the last few weeks. I feel like it's on the verge of going out on me, but I don't know exactly what to do about it. My chiropractic visit last week didn't seem to help much, and my exercises seem to make it worse right now. It's not fun, and not easy to deal with Sam's on-the-floor tantrums. (Come to think of it, maybe that's part of the reason it's going out?)

- I'm on a smoothie kick these days... frozen fruit, apple juice, milk and yogurt. Yum! I just bought more yogurt and more berries to freeze. I feel so healthy when I choose a smoothie. (Although, yesterday I felt good about the chocolate cake I made, until I ate too much and felt like the glutton that I was being.)

- England is rainy. Every day I think it will not be as rainy as yesterday. It starts out somewhat sunny. But then it gradually gets rainy by the afternoon. I don't mind, but I am also hoping we get some brighter days here soon.

- It's 12:30 a.m. here, and I really do need to get to bed. Why am I always up sooooo late?! It just happens.

- While I've been writing this, Brian has had to reset the internet connection FIVE times.

You'll hear more from me when our service is better. Bye for now!

4 comments:

Wade Hone said...

Ohhhh, I just don't know if I could survive under your internet conditions Kamber!

Mine was out this morning from about 6:45 to 7:15 am, Tech support said it was an outage, but I instantly thought about getting Cable.. not 'instead of' DSL - but in addition to... every good tech needs a back up system eh?

anyway, I wish you luck... internet's pretty reliable here stateside hehe.

Wade -out.

Anonymous said...

TEN days?! My goodness, the poor little trooper. Good to read your updates, hope to read more before your Internet connection goes wacky again.--timo

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you on here, Kam!! I've been checking several times a day to see if you've written, but NOW we see why you haven't!! :) I didn't know that that little Spencer Buddy had to go 10 days without a BM this time---Poor little Guy!!!

And I'm SO SORRY, my dear, to hear that your back is still hurting you so badly. PLease quit picking Samantha up--just have her come sit on your lap after you've sat down.

And I'm wondering what the name of your "girls night Play" was. I'm glad you all had such a good time. (You forgot to mention your Fourteen Dollar Dessert, though.....) :) :) (Maybe it's because you can't spell Haggendaus... ???) :) Lot's of Love to you, Babe! Love, Mom

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Yay! I'm so glad your internet let you on long enough to update us! I was worrying that something other than normal life was happening. Glad to hear all is well, including Spencer's bowels. :)