And... we still don't have a name for this child. Sigh. Last week, Brian and I went through our lists and tried to narrow things down a bit. We went to bed that night feeling pretty good about two different names -- Natalie or Erin.
But now, I still just don't know! I must be extremely flaky with this naming thing. I guess? I keep thinking something's going to hit us both and we'll LOVE it and voila -- baby will be named! Not that we don't like lots of different names, but well... so far nothing's sticking for this kid. So, I'm opening it up for comments (again). If you have any great ideas, feel free to post 'em!
Our basic criteria:
Somewhat traditional -- nothing "made up" (no offense if you have a made-up name. so do I, remember?)
Doesn't start with an "S" (Samantha and Spencer are a coincidence, but a third "S" would definitely be a trend)
Not in the top 8 on the ss/popularity charts (that counts out Olivia, Emma, Ava, Hannah, Isabella, Sophia, Madison, Emily, Abigail)
Some others we (or at least I) sort of like, but they're off the list, for no particular reasons: Elizabeth, Rachel, Erika, Laura, Gabriella, Audrey
Well, folks, of course you know this is a take-it-or-leave-it plea for help, but really, I'd love some more ideas, if anyone has any to share?? We still might stick with Natalie or Erin, but I just keep wondering if there's maybe something else out there we're missing?
7 comments:
Well, we're partial to Natalie :) But some other names I like are:
Miriam
Kayla
Grace (Natalie's middle name, but it's becoming a little trendy)
Allison
Julia
Nicole
Good luck! Agreeing on names can be really hard.
I'm not going to throw any new ones your way. You have so many you are or have been considering. Oh, except Kate. I love Kate and I know you have thought about it. I definitely like Natalie better than Erin. I still like your other names too though. Mostly Elizabeth and Rachel. Do you really have to count it out if it is popular? Why? I love Abigail with Samantha. They just go together. They sound like American Girl Dolls.
I know this is tough. Do you remember me trying to name our boy?? I am still confused on if I like his name or not. It's been a year though, so I have to accept it. Good luck to you. I hope it really does hit you and you come up with something you love. Can't wait to see pics of her (whatever her name is) very soon!!!! Yea!!
This comment is from your mother, and can you believe----I have NO NEW suggestions for you!! (Except Katherine, and you already explained to me why you can't use that one...)
I still like Natalie fine, and I still like Elizabeth and Rachel. Remember when you mentioned Mary Ann?? Well I still like THAT one, too. You once thought of using the name Emily, but you explained to me that Trent has 'dibs' on that one--(and I didn't KNOW that...)
Hey--how about Amber or Karri--or even Kurri?? Oh well--the more I think of it, the more I come up with names, and I will just confuse the issue, so I'll close for now. Good luck on getting her here in good timing!! (The sooner she comes, the sooner I'll be coming to SEE you!!) Love, Mom
Jenna, Jenny, or how about, say,...Jenalyn...all great names in my opinion ;-) Good luck!! Love you guys! ~Jenalyn
I just had a miscarriage, but if this baby would have been a girl she would have been "Erin Adelle". so I'm partical to that name...of course I do like my first daughter's name "Corinne" It's a classic but not over used and it sounds simular to your mom's name. I also like your mom's suggestion of "Kurri"!! I know it's made up, but she's a great name sake for your little girl!! I'm sure you'll know what name to give her soon enough! Marci mulert
Well Kamber, we may not have spoken in a while but I keep up with you by reading your blog here and things don't change much for me: I am watching rugby (Harlequins just won!), Henry is asleep on the sofa despite the huge sneeze I just did (guess not so interested in the rugby!) & NunuThunder is waiting to get on the laptop so she can post on her blog (also not a rugby fan).
Good luck with the next birth & love to Brian, Samantha & Spencer.
Helen
Dearest Kam,
I really like both Natalie and Erin. Nice, nice names, both of them.
If my womb status ever changes to "fruitful" from "barren wasteland," I will go ancestral: Eliza, Sara, Lucy, Lily, Anne, or Lila.
Can't wait to meet baby Bishop!
I love you!
Post a Comment