Thursday, March 24, 2011

Posh Place

Isn't "posh" a fun word? I've always liked it.
When I was working in London, my colleagues and I took a quiz from one of their UK "People" magazines, to see how "posh" we all were. I failed it, naturally -- being an American and all; it's just the way things are, of course. But my boss (who is anything but snobby or ritzy) aced the test. She was definitely considered "posh" --- did her shopping at Waitrose and such.

Well, that has nothing to do with anything, except that I always think of her and that silly quiz when I use the word posh. Anyway, I've had requests for more pictures of our posh temp housing place. So. Here they are...

Our little dining nook, complete with red roses that we bought today for Brian (but we're keeping them here, to remind us of him... Sammie's idea. ha!)

Kitchen, with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, the cutest little dw I've ever seen, and a peek-through window to the living room (a feature that I've always wanted, something I'm definitely putting in a dream home wish list, for someday)...

Looking from the dining area into the living room. I love the wood color. Very warm...

Our little reading corner and flat screen in the bedroom...

Another angle on the dining room. Leather cushions on the chairs. I never would have thought of it, for a dining room. But it's perfect for the kids -- so easy to clean!

Master bathroom -- don't look too close, I didn't clean it. (Hall bath looks the same... use your imagination)...

Office area and flatscreen in the living room. That lovely little TV has shown more than its fair share of Cars and Dora this week!!

Another angle on our reading area, with the lovely king size bed in the mirror, unmade and ready to dive into, of course. :)

And one last one, of me, and the little "reason" I'm up at 1 a.m. taking pictures and posting bits about our posh place...
Posh or not, Natalie decided she wasn't happy tonight, poor little chica! So, looks like Brian's the not the only one missing some precious hours of sleep tonight. Sigh.

Anyway, it's a fun place to stay, if you ask me!! I'd add some curtains, cushy slippers to help me get used to the hardwood, a fan in the bathroom, and bigger sample sizes of their super spendy, lovely Molten Brown shampoos and soaps. Ha! :)

5 comments:

Lhone said...

but she's such a cute reason to be up at 1 am. That really is a cute little place. You didn't show your view out the window! I bet it's cool!

Karen said...

Thanks for the "Posh Post". I'm glad you have such nice living quarters--especially since you are stuck INSIDE on those snowy, colder days--(stuck with THREE kids, I might add!) :) Being in a Dreary Place, would just make life seem a bit Dreary--Right??

It was fun to talk with you a few minutes ago. I tried to encourage you to go to bed, but I have a feeling it's going to be another LATE night for you.

(Your dad is sitting down right now around a nice big campfire he built out in our firepit --just like he said he'd do. You'd like to be sitting out there with him, I suppose!) :) Good night for now, my dear. Love, Mom

Mel said...

What a fun place to stay! And I agree with Lisa, she is a cute reason to be up at 1 am. The next best thing to your hubby I'm sure!

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

It looks beautiful. I love the floors. AND you look great for being up at 1AM. Natalie too. What a cutie.

Wade Hone said...

Heya Sis, I just got done reading quite a few 'back posts' that I hadn't read. (you start writing, and I slacked off on reading! what up with that eh?)

Thanks for taking the time to tell the stories of what's going on in your life! it's very fun to share, and read about what's going on with you, Brian and the kids.

they are such cute kidlins!

I just wanted you to know that I love you and I'm thinkin of ya!

have a great day!

Wade - out.