Friday, August 12, 2011

Knock-Knock.

Conversation at dinner tonight...

Samantha: Mom. Here's what we're going to do. I'll knock on something and say 'knock-knock.' Then, you answer and say "who's there?" and I'll say "-- well, I'll say a name or something." Then you say "the name or something and then 'who'?" then I'll say another name or something with the first name, and then if it's funny, we'll laugh. Okay??

Me: You mean, like we'll play knock-knock?

Samantha: Yeah, but I'll knock on something, too.

Me: Okay. I'm ready.

Samantha (knocks on her chair): Knock-knock.

Me: Who's there?

Samantha (pauses, looks around the dinner table and kitchen area): Umm.... Hunt's Tomato Ketchup.

Me: Hunt's Tomato Ketchup, who?

Samantha (another good "thinking" pause): Ummmm... Hunt's Tomato Ketchup and rice and oranges in a blender!!!!! hah ahahahah!!!?!!?!

Her "silly face" ...

Wow. Knock-knock IS the game of the five-year-old. And I get to be her frequent audience, lucky me!!

4 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Wow. I do not envy you one bit on all the knock-knock jokes you are about to endure. Think of all the creativity you are about to see/hear coming out of her though! :) It's like a rite of passage or something when your kiddo starts telling jokes, I guess it's just something they think is cool.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Sorry, somehow I posted the same comment twice. I know I'm so witty, but I'm not THAT witty. ;)

Lhone said...

Lance taught my kids:

Knock-Knock. Who's there. Gotta go-p...

Karen said...

Oh Dear--That witty little girl of ours!! I don't know WHAT we're gonna do with all that "cleverness"! :)

(That actually made me LAUGH!!) Love, Mom