Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Slumpy

I'm still here, just not so into blogging lately, I guess. Not sure what I am "into" these days, actually. Feeling a little bit slumpy, I guess. It's not that I'm down or discouraged or anything. I'm just not really motivated to do whatever it is I "should" be doing, I guess. But at the same time, I'm not really concerned about this slumpiness. (btw, slumpiness is not a real word, and spell-check KNOWS it, and is quite bothered by it!)

I guess I'm just soaking up the last of the lazy summer days of August, while they last... sensing that change is around the corner: school is starting soon, the leaves are turning stale-green (which everyone knows is right before they change colors for real), and the humidity is finally going away (which means it's going to start to get cold soon). Ah, change... ready or not, here it comes. But before it's officially here, I think I'm going to just continue this slumpy phase, because it feels relaxing and comfortable, and I know it won't last.

Now you know what I've been up to -- not much.

Here are some recent random pictures of our slumpiness and other stuff...
oh, never mind. They're still on the camera, and I'm feeling slumpy enough to not get up and download pictures.

Instead, I guess you'll get the quick list of things I accomplished today:
-- emptied the clean, folded laundry baskets throughout the house (there were three, sitting half full from last week)
-- went to Target and got Samantha's school supplies and some mascara for me (and somehow ended up with a bunch of other stuff that totaled $64... and don't try to tell me that's never happened to you?!!?!)
-- turned in Samantha's updated Tuberculosis test waiver and updated immunization forms at her school.
-- mailed off a request for the accident report form for the little fender-bender I was in a couple of weeks ago (bad merge, slow traffic on the freeway, everyone was fine.)
-- talked to Dalana on her birthday, had a nice long catch-up chat.
-- made that delicious potato/tomato curry I've been craving, finally. Kids didn't love it, but I certainly did!
-- visited the afternoon away with my friend Debbie and her kids.
-- talked on the phone to my mom for a long chat this evening, while we both cleaned house.
-- blogged, while I waited for Brian to come home, but he's still not home and the blogging is winding down, I can feel it.

Yep. Pretty normal day here. Doesn't even sound too slumpy, does it? But nothing too thrilling, either. Honestly, the main benefit of this particular post is that you don't have to keep looking at that lame-o potty-training post! Hang tight, I'm sure there's better stuff coming soon, right??

4 comments:

Lhone said...

for journaling sake, this post is perfect! It's good to write down all that gets done so that your kids know what happened on a day to day. And, its interesting to me to see what others do!

Dalana and Mark said...

Oh, I thought slumpy was a real word. Good to know. I think your list sounds quite impressive and I'm super glad that talking on the phone to me was on it. Love you!

Karen, Kam's mom said...

I think I'M feeling "slumpy" at the same time as YOU, babe!! But at least you're getting stuff done!! (blogging, for instance...) This is a fun post--reading about normal, routine stuff and I enjoyed it. (I kinda think I'm with the kids, though, on your "potato/tomato/curry dish" It sounds like it'd not be much to my liking. Love, Mom

Travis and Jana said...

I love that word, slumpy. I'll definitely have to use that one. I've had some slumpy days of my own. I don't like sending kids back to school and seeing the summer come an end. Good luck sending Sammie. When does she start? I'm sure she's going to love it!